[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to Filter Junk Mail

How to Filter Junk Mail

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

How to Filter Junk Mail

Postby Davidf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 am

When I checked e-mail this morning, the first day I am using Poco as my default e-mail program, 226 junk mails came to my in-box and 0 came to the junk folder.

I haven't changed any settings related to junk or to filters. Under tools/filters, for incoming, all mail, it is set to "run junk." It apparently is not working.

I've looked through the forum and haven't found help for this, though there is mention of a "sensitivity bar" which I've not been able to find.

Thank you.

David
Davidf
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 am

Go to Tools > Junk Mail filters and set your sensitivity level there.
Also make sure your Junk mail filtering is active.
Check the box.

Going to reply to the rest later on. Dinner time now. :)
Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 am

In addition to my previous post Poco needs at least 1,000 good and 1,000 bad words in order to kick in.
Some will say they have good results, others won't.
Of course nobody recieves the same amount of spam, so it could easier or harder to make things work. :?

Also you'll find several useful tips when reading Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To.

Everyone does have his own method or uses 3rd party filtering.
It all depends. :)

P.S.: Moving your topic from PocoMail to Junk Mail Filtering now.
Eric

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To