[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - entry in banned senders list

entry in banned senders list

Discussion on Bayesian and standard junk mail filters

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin, Michael

entry in banned senders list

Postby ente » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:28 pm

I have the feeling, that senders which I have entered in the banned senders list carefully ignore that they are listed there :lol:
But may bethey do this, because I have entered them not correctly. I made a search in the forum, but in none of all the mails complaning about dealing with this list, is mentioned, how a banned sender has to be entered.
Can I enter on one line as many addresses the line takes?
Has there to be a comma or any other character between an address?
Has there to be only 1 address per line?
Has the address to be placed in brackets ore any other characters?
Or is there an' end character needed at the end of the file?

The only thing I'm sure about is, that I have to say yes to Run standard non-Bayesian filters - Is that so?

But - if I say yes, have I then to disable one the next page "Run learning Bayesian filters" :?:

Wishing, your summer is warmer then ours,
ente

~ Moved from PocoMail ... Eric ~
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Ente,

every entry shall be on a separate line, and it shall be just the email address, ie.
example@example.com
and not
Example Name <example@example.com>
because then it would suffice that email is sent from
Example <example@example.com>
and wouldn't match.
There shouldn't be any separators (line is a separator) nor any end of the file character.

I have to say yes to Run standard non-Bayesian filters - Is that so?

Yes, that's right!

have I then to disable one the next page "Run learning Bayesian filters"

No, bayesian and non-bayesian filters are independent.

Btw. if you use menu Tools > Junk Mail Filters, the "Enable automatic Junk Mail filtering" must be ticked.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby ente » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 am

Tomas wrote:Hi Ente,

every entry shall be on a separate line, and it shall be just the email address, ie.
example@example.com
and not
Example Name <example@example.com>
because then it would suffice that email is sent from
Example <example@example.com>
and wouldn't match.
There shouldn't be any separators (line is a separator) nor any end of the file character.

I have to say yes to Run standard non-Bayesian filters - Is that so?

Yes, that's right!

have I then to disable one the next page "Run learning Bayesian filters"

No, bayesian and non-bayesian filters are independent.

Btw. if you use menu Tools > Junk Mail Filters, the "Enable automatic Junk Mail filtering" must be ticked.

I hope these lines will find their way into the help file..
Thank ylou,
ente
ente
Resident Poster

Postby Tomas » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:51 am

ente wrote:I hope these lines will find their way into the help file..

Thank you for suggestion, I'll include it in the next version of the help file.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: entry in banned senders list

Postby flip1943 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:45 pm

I have followed all the instructions precisely yet mail from newly added senders still gets through - ie it's at the top of the list. I'm on v 4.8.0.4400
flip1943
New Arrival

Return to Junk Mail Filtering Help and How-To