[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Deleted thread about Barca's activation policy

Deleted thread about Barca's activation policy

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Deleted thread about Barca's activation policy

Postby Andreas » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:37 am

Why has the thread "are you serious", in which Barca's activation policy was discussed, been deleted? In my opinion, this thread was very interesting and informative, especially for potential new customers.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Postby gert » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:03 am

Sad isn't it...

The moderators have the option to lock a thread (so nobody can post replies), or delete it. I guess someone felt they needed to hide something, so just deleted it.

Gert
gert
Poco Tourist

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:11 am

I'm not aware that any of us volunteer moderators deleted it (I certainly would not have). It was probably a PSI employee.
Pete

Postby Joris Vincken » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:12 am

Wasn't this why we wanted something else than Microsoft? I was on the edge of buying Barca but am now a happy outlook user again :)
Joris Vincken
New Arrival

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:04 am

The usage policy for Barca is detailed in the End User License Agreement (EULA) which is included in the Help File, and also available for everyone to read before Barca can be installed on any computer. We have nothing to hide. We have thousands of Barca users and I am delighted to say they are mostly happy. We also have a handful that is less than happy. This is to be expected, but we hope Barca 1.1 and our ongoing efforts will address their concerns.

If any user has an issue with our EULA or a portion of it, we encourage her to write to us for resolution. There are varied philosophies about how software should be priced. Some people believe it should be free, others believe one should be able to buy a single license and installed it on unlimited number of machines, yet some think it should be 2 or 3 or 4. We do not know who is right and frankly, that is none of our business. We allow users to register a single-seat purchase of Barca on two computers and to be able to install Barca on the same computer unlimited # of times; we have delivered on this front. We also think we should be fair to our customers and shareholders at the same time. Again, we encourage users having problem with their registration to contact us. When this happens, how we resolve it depends on the conditions that are specific to that customer. Sometimes we ask question, and sometimes we don’t. Sorry I am not at liberty to discuss how our activation policy works.

A primary reason for the creation of this forum is to help resolve technical issues that our users are facing. Some secondary use of the forum includes a place for us to meet our users and for users to meet one another. Within this framework, we have a forum guideline that we expect all forum users to abide by. We welcome all opinion (good or bad) as long as it is not false, malicious and/or in violation of the forum guidelines. After all there are some forum users who consistently disagree with us on most issues or don’t even use our product, yet we value and appreciate their participation on the forum. One thing this forum is not is place to spread false and/or malicious information about our company or any other thing or entity. When this happens we expect our moderators to act accordingly; Pete’s questionable comment nonetheless :) .
Jim

Return to Barca Help and How-To