[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Delete Button?

Delete Button?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Delete Button?

Postby tacman1123 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:29 am

I'm enjoying using Barca, but would really like to be able to delete a message with a single mouse click. I read many listserv messages that aren't marked as "Junk", but I want to delete them, it seems like there should be a small 'delete' button next to "Mark as Junk" and "Mark as Good". I'd be able to buzz through my messages much faster this way (in Outlook, that's the normal way I go through a lot of messages.)

Also, is there a way to turn off the "Delete Attachments" prompt? So many junk messages contain attachments, I don't want to answer the extra question.

Thanks! What a terrific product.

Tac
tacman1123
New Arrival

Postby robin » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:14 am

There is a huge "delete" button on the button bar at the top of the application. In addition you can use the delete key on the keyboard by pressing it with your finger :wink:

I fail to see what more could be required.

The first option in Tools -> Options -> Reading Mail is called "Query to delete attachments when deleting messages" - try unchecking this.
robin

Postby COD » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:25 am

I think he means permanently delete with a single click. Doesn't Shift-Alt-Delete do that? I have the trash folder set to empty upon exit - so I effectively do have single click delete.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:12 am

COD wrote:I think he means permanently delete with a single click.
If that's the case then there is a thread here that deals with it.
robin

Missing Delete Button

Postby tacman1123 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:48 pm

I don't see it. What's it next to? I see New, Reply, Forward, and a few other buttons, but no huge delete button.

I'd much prefer the button to hitting the delete key.

There is something that looks like a delete button, but it's a "File as Junk" button. To me, this is inconsistent, since the red X means delete everywhere else. In fact, the red X on the left, in the folders list, means "Trash", but XXX means Junk Mail. But then clicking on the X means Junk Mail, and I can't find an icon for deleting.

Does this make sense?

Tac
tacman1123
New Arrival

Postby robin » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:11 pm

Starting to...

Here it is in my installation:

If you can't see it then it suggests that it has been removed from the toolbar. Re-install it by right-clicking in the toolbar and choosing Customize Toolbar...

Maybe it is there but the toolbar is too wide for your screen resolution: use Customize Toolbar to move it.

HTH
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To