[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca won't start up

Barca won't start up

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca won't start up

Postby René » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:04 am

I've had a major crash with Barca I'm afraid. I tried to add a news group to the existing list I had, but I think I did something wrong (don't know what). Anyway, Barca closed. and since then I've not been able to start it again. I've even tried an new installation, after cleaning the (windows) register, but nothing helps.

If there's not a concrete solution for this, can someone at least tell me how I can save my emails? Thanks in advance!
René
New Arrival

Re: Major crash: Barca won't start up

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:35 am

Dag René & welkom op Poco Forums. :D
Sorry to hear about that crash. :? Even with a new installation it didn't work?
Did you install the new copy into a new directory?
René wrote:If there's not a concrete solution for this, can someone at least tell me how I can save my emails? Thanks in advance!
Save the mail directory and the templates, signatures, scripts, address directories. You could also save the ini-files: filters, events, accounts.

In this case you won't lose much.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Re: Barca won't start up

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:30 pm

René wrote:I've had a major crash with Barca I'm afraid. I tried to add a news group to the existing list I had, but I think I did something wrong (don't know what). Anyway, Barca closed. and since then I've not been able to start it again. I've even tried an new installation, after cleaning the (windows) register, but nothing helps.

If there's not a concrete solution for this, can someone at least tell me how I can save my emails? Thanks in advance!

I suspect something has gotten messed up in the barca.ini file, try renaming the file (e.g., changing the extension to ".SVini") and then launching Barca. It will have to recreate your settings so you will have to re-enter any that you had changed from the defaults.

PS: I'd advise making a full backup before doing this in case it causes any unforeseen problems.
Michael

Postby robin » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:59 am

I *assume* that you have restarted the computer before trying to load Barca again (a lot of users of WinXP do not restart often). I have seen the situation where Barca half-starts but doesn't show the application window, then next time you try and start it of course it won't.

Task Manager will tell you if there is already a copy running.
robin

Thanks for the tips

Postby René » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:10 pm

Tanks for the tips. I managed to re-install, on a different location on my harddisk. I only had to fill in my mail accounts. The messages were all saved, so I'm a happy Barca-user again! (still wondering what happend though...)
René
New Arrival

Postby robin » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:41 pm

Glad you are back and running
:D
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To