[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket Error 10061 Connection Refused ** explain plz

Socket Error 10061 Connection Refused ** explain plz

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket Error 10061 Connection Refused ** explain plz

Postby gerd2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:43 am

Hello,

I am gettting this socket error that i listed in the subject line of this post. I get it for several (all) of my email address which are at mulitpule domains and hosts. I am unable to send or recieve email.

The full error message is: (for checking mail)

Logging into "mydomain.com" POP server as user "me"
Socket Error # 10061 Connection Refused.

The full error message is: (for sending mail)

[10061 Connection Refused]

I use the domain name as the incoming server and the outgoing server is SMTP-server.xx.xx.com

Please advise, thank you

Postby gerd2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:55 am

Hi again,

Well it looks like i solved my own problem.

I did a search "after posting" bad me .. and found the error in the forums. A person explained that the sockett errors are errors from the ISP. Now while i called my ISP they were ofcouse less than helpful. The person simply said to RESTART your computer and that will take care of the the error. Now while i like a reason for the problem - it seems to have taken care of things.

Take Care

Postby robin » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:29 am

Hi gerd2, glad you got it solved - thanks for telling us :D
robin

Postby Kaigan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:30 am

gerd2 wrote: Now while i like a reason for the problem - it seems to have taken care of things.

I have searched the web and some people seem to think it has to do with the running of a firewall and it getting confused and blocking the port or having the privacy settings wrong for the email client.
I used to get this error all the time after one of my son's logged into his account, did his stuff, logged out and then I logged in to mine afterwards. We were running Zonealarm and Norton at the time, but have since switched to Kerio and AVG and haven't had the error since.
This may not be relevant in your case, but seems to have solved the problem here.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To