[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - CAN'T GET MAIL WITH 1.1!

CAN'T GET MAIL WITH 1.1!

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby Kaigan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:07 pm

Checking the EarthLink support page at this link, it shows the pop server as pop.earthlink.net instead of mail.earthlink.net. Entering your email address at this link will give you your EarthLink email settings. Hopefully this will clear your email problem.

Peter
Last edited by Kaigan on Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tribble » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:20 pm

Nice Peter! Why didn't the rest of us think to look there? :-)
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

You Won't Believe This

Postby karsart » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:31 pm

Using the info you kindly referred me too, led to one of the strangest reports I've seen. Upon attempting to check for new mail, the following message appeared:

"Logging into 207.217.121.214 pop server as user pop.earthlink.net. Connection closed gracefully"

Thanks
Art
karsart
Drop-in Visitor

Re: You Won't Believe This

Postby Kaigan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:14 pm

karsart wrote:"Logging into 207.217.121.214 pop server as user pop.earthlink.net. Connection closed gracefully"

That looks like Barca tried logging into the pop server with the pop server name as a user name, which the server didn't have as user as such and closed the connection. I would check your settings again and if everything seems correct, then I would create a test account with:

Name: my full first and last name
email: my regular email address
Server: pop.earthlink.net
username: karsons
Password: my password
server type: POP

Your account might have become corrupt with all the changes made. Looking through the EarthLink help pages, I'm not sure if the username name is just your name or they use your full email address.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Success (sort of)

Postby karsart » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:05 am

Well, I uninstalled SpySweeper, and I can get email again!!!
This is bittersweet for me as it's a shame that (apparently) Barca 1.1 has a serious conflict with SpySweeper...one of the best and most popular anti-spyware programs around. I hated to ditch SpySweeper, but I had no choice (if I wanted to keep Barca 1.1, which I do)

Now, before I shell out more money on a new anti-spyware program (I'll probably ditch my ZoneAlarm free firewall too, just to play it safe), a question:

Are there any more known conflicts with Barca 1.1? I'm actually considering a security suite (I'm already running Norton Antivirus 2004), and would like to install the Norton 2005 Internet Security program. Does anyone see a problem / conflict with this?
This is not a nightmare I care to go through again!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me with my dilemma.
Art
karsart
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Success (sort of)

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:41 am

karsart wrote:Well, I uninstalled SpySweeper, and I can get email again!!!
This is bittersweet for me as it's a shame that (apparently) Barca 1.1 has a serious conflict with SpySweeper...one of the best and most popular anti-spyware programs around. I hated to ditch SpySweeper, but I had no choice (if I wanted to keep Barca 1.1, which I do)
:shock: So I was right all along. You don't have to uninstall Spy Sweeper and Barca has no conflict with Spy Sweeper. Every program that connects to the internet is blocked. I had it with psGmail, Poco & some others.
The only thing you have to do in your firewall for the program 'Spy Sweeper' is adding Barca to the component list for Spy Sweeper. If you do this you'll be able to have connection. :)

Now, before I shell out more money on a new anti-spyware program
If you follow my advice mentionned above, it works. Spy Sweeper blocks every component as long as it's not added in your firewall. I'm not using Zone Alarm, but OutPost. I can only post the pictures for my firewall on how to prevent this from happening.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me with my dilemma.
You're welcome, but why didn't you tell me this before when I mentionned the problem I had with Spy Sweeper?
Eric

Spy Sweeper

Postby karsart » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:08 am

Hi.

Actually, I just completely un-installed Spy Sweeper today. I guess I was hoping against hope that it was something else that was causing the problem. I really like SpySweeper, and I didn't want to accept the fact that I might have to ditch it. Also, I didn't want to believe that such popular, widely used program could, by itself, cause the monumental problem I was having.
Yes, you were right. Thank you...your advice WAS the reason I finally did uninstall SpySweeper today. :D
Thanks!
Art
karsart
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Spy Sweeper

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:31 am

karsart wrote:Actually, I just completely un-installed Spy Sweeper today. I guess I was hoping against hope that it was something else that was causing the problem. I really like SpySweeper, and I didn't want to accept the fact that I might have to ditch it. Also, I didn't want to believe that such popular, widely used program could, by itself, cause the monumental problem I was having.
Like I said you don't have to uninstall it. Spy Sweeper offers great protection. :D
Yes, you were right. Thank you...your advice WAS the reason I finally did uninstall SpySweeper today. :D
In case you want to give it a try, here are some screenshots on how to set up for OutPost.

Maybe you'lll find out how to do it for Zone Alarm.

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Previous

Return to Barca Help and How-To