[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Error message

Error message

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Error message

Postby Nd4Spd » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:20 am

I've downloaded and installed Barca 1.1 build 840. I used the POImport utility to bring in my email mailboxes from outlook. I moved the messages out of the default folders the import utility created (Outlook > Personal Folder) and placed them under Bara Mail's Local Mailboxes folder.
After moving my other mail folders out so that Outlook > Personal Folder was now empty, I attempted to delete the Outlook folder by right clicking and choosing delete. Doing so produced this error with an OK button:

Access violation at address 009B3409 in module 'Barca.exe'. Read of address 00000044.

Choosing ok keeps the program open and running with no noticed side effects. Closing Bara, reopening, the folders are still there.

Choosing Personal Folder and deleting in the same manner described above does not produce an error. Deleting Outlook after the deletion of Personal Folder does not produce an error either.
However, upon closing and reopening Barca, those folders are both still listed and browsable, but without any messages in them. Apparently the moving of folders from within Outlook > Personal Folder was successful, but deleting these 2 folders is not.

Just wanted to make you aware of this and am wondering if I am the only one that this has happened to.

Aaron

---------
Windows XP SP1
Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)
Barca 1.1 Build 840
Nd4Spd
New Arrival

Error on Install

Postby Kheldar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:39 am

I have installed Barca on a clean Windows XP SP2 PC and Windows 2000 SP4 PC multiple times (Using Ghost to restore clean system) and every time I get an Access Violation at the end of the setup (the first time you run Barca). It happens on the last screen when I click Finish. The error is Access Violation at address 007B6BA9 in module Barca.exe, read of address 00000004. If I use the task manager to close it and open Barca again, it KEPT everything I added in setup. Any Idea's? I was not trying to import any data, just a clean install on a clean PC.....

Thoughts???
Kheldar
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Error message

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:09 am

Hi Aaron & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Nd4Spd wrote:However, upon closing and reopening Barca, those folders are both still listed and browsable, but without any messages in them. Apparently the moving of folders from within Outlook > Personal Folder was successful, but deleting these 2 folders is not.
Take a look at this topic to completely remove those folders.

I hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Re: Error on Install

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:16 am

Hi Kheldar & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Kheldar wrote:It happens on the last screen when I click Finish. The error is Access Violation at address 007B6BA9 in module Barca.exe, read of address 00000004. If I use the task manager to close it and open Barca again, it KEPT everything I added in setup. Any Idea's? I was not trying to import any data, just a clean install on a clean PC.....
Thoughts???
No clue, but maybe it has something to do with your restore. :roll:
Someone else may know more about the restore from Ghost or this AV.

Sorry for not being of more help to you. :?
Eric

Restores and Such

Postby Kheldar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:45 am

Thanks Eric, I restored the systems back to a clean install of Windows (XP and 2K), it totally formats the drive and such. They were totally clean and freshly installed systems. I can reproduce this error on various computers.
Kheldar
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To