[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - 1.1 will not use my default browser for email links

1.1 will not use my default browser for email links

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

1.1 will not use my default browser for email links

Postby havanese_boy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:06 am

I cannot get Barca 1.1 to use my default browser (Firefox 1.0PR), although other programs recogize Firefox as the default.

I cannot find any option in Barca to make changes for this problem, so any clue on what to check next?
Randy P.
Coffee Co. Libraries
havanese_boy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:25 am

Hi, welcome to the forums.

When you say "to use", do you mean when you click on a link in an e-mail?
robin

Postby havanese_boy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:32 am

Correct when I click on a link - it uses Maxthon (my former favorite browser) instead of Firefox.

I have triple checked that Firefox is the default browser.
Randy P.
Coffee Co. Libraries
havanese_boy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:36 am

Works for me, so shooting in the dark here.

Open an explorer window and choose Tools -> Folder Options. Scroll down the entries that start (NONE) URL:

Check that the entry for URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol is set to FF.
robin

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:51 am

Take a look at this topic and this one.

I hope that helps solving your problem. :wink:
Eric

Postby havanese_boy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:27 am

robin wrote:Works for me, so shooting in the dark here.

Open an explorer window and choose Tools -> Folder Options. Scroll down the entries that start (NONE) URL:

Check that the entry for URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol is set to FF.

That did the trick although FireFox was listed .... it was not set as the default app to use.

Thanks everyone and I love Barca 1.1 !
Randy P.
Coffee Co. Libraries
havanese_boy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:11 am

Great :D . Glad to help!
robin

Postby robin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:39 am

My daughter will like your avatar (cat lover...)
robin

Postby havanese_boy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 am

We have two dogs each are havanese ( hence the name...lol ).

If you would like to know more... http://www.havanese.org
Randy P.
Coffee Co. Libraries
havanese_boy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:11 pm

Perhaps she won't like it quite as much then :wink:
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To