[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Using Outport to extract Calendar data from Outlook

Using Outport to extract Calendar data from Outlook

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Using Outport to extract Calendar data from Outlook

Postby davidg80 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:19 am

I have been trying out the latest Barca 1.1 and still the calendar does not work correctly.

I am trying to import from Outlook 98 using the Outport programme. Although the import function in Barca no longer crashes, no data comes in either. In fairness that might be due to Outport not doing its job properly. But whatever the reason I feel it is up to PSI to provide the correct import facility, unless they are not interested in converting users from Outlook. Why can they not provide a simple csv conversion facility where we can cross allocate the correct fields.

I was going to look into the conversion errors more until I realised that there is no search facility provided in the calendar section. So even if it did work I would not be interested without this. Maybe it is planned but I am not going to waste my time and money on Barca at this time.

For now I have uninstalled it and binned it.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:37 am

Well thank you for that insight.
robin

Postby davidg80 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:10 am

Well thank you for that insight.

Pleased to help.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Re: Disappointing Barca 1.1

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:19 am

davidg80 wrote: I am trying to import from Outlook 98 using the Outport programme. Although the import function in Barca no longer crashes, no data comes in either. In fairness that might be due to Outport not doing its job properly....

I was going to look into the conversion errors more until I realised that there is no search facility provided in the calendar section. So even if it did work I would not be interested without this. Maybe it is planned but I am not going to waste my time and money on Barca at this time.

For now I have uninstalled it and binned it.

For the record, PSI is not the maker of Outport and neither are we affiliated with the makers of Outport in any way. If you had taken the time to check other sections of this forum or perhaps contact PSI Support, you would have realized that sometimes Outport extracts data from Outlook in non-standard calendar format, which means many PIMs (Barca included) will not be able to read and/or import the file. In your case, I suspect Barca imported the file, but could not display it. For starters, you should view the calendar file in Notepad and make sure each record has an End-Date.
Jim

Postby davidg80 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:54 am

For the record, PSI is not the maker of Outport and neither are we affiliated with the makers of Outport in any way. If you had taken the time to check other sections of this forum or perhaps contact PSI Support, you would have realized that sometimes Outport extracts data from Outlook in non-standard calendar format, which means many PIMs (Barca included) will not be able to read and/or import the file. In your case, I suspect Barca imported the file, but could not display it. For starters, you should view the calendar file in Notepad and make sure each record has an End-Date.

I did not say or imply that PSI produced Outport, but it is recommended by you. Seems that there is no other way of getting the data into Barca. It is up to you as to whether you want to encourage Outlook users to Barca. If you don't then fair enough I will stay with Outlook which as a calendar works very well, and keep Poco for mail.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To