[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Why can't I view some messages in HTML?

Why can't I view some messages in HTML?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Why can't I view some messages in HTML?

Postby BigLarry » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:54 pm

In some HTML messages, it only shows up as HTML code and doesn't display the HTML messages (even with HTML toggled on + sanitized toggled on). Any ideas why?

I get "A T T A C H E D   F I L E S   I N L I N E   D I S P L A Y" - I want to be able to see HTML by default and not:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

etc.

Thanks for the help.
BigLarry
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:56 pm

The best way is to save that message into .eml format (CTRL+S) and send as na attachment to Pocomail support. (Help/Email support).
The example you provided is maybe too short to find out, but I am no html guru.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby robin » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:10 pm

I'd send the whole message, not just the attachment. It looks from the scrap that you posted that the HTML is formed Ok at this point, therefore the problem may lie with the way it is attached to or included with the message.

How is the message listed in the Attachment pane - the column at the right of the preview that lists the attached files? Does the right-click option offer the possibility to open the attachment and what happens if you do?
robin

Postby BigLarry » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:30 am

Ok - here is another problem:

I am getting other emails that insist on displaying in plaintext as well .. the file in the right is called "alt.txt"

Is there any way I can get Barca to allow HTML messages to always be displayed? I have a good adwatcher + firewall with email scanning running, so I am not concerned with attachments (plus I am using Barca on a private LAN email server).

Thanks.
BigLarry
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:52 am

It sounds like the HTML that you want to display is actually an attachment, but it is difficult to say for certain without seeing it. I've never seen this problem - all the HTML messages that I receive always display as HTML. What happens if you double-click on the attachment?

Can you do Right-click and then "View Raw Message", then copy the entire content and either post it here (suitable sanitised of course) or alternatively PM it to me and I'll take a look?

If you do, use the "code" option the Post window to make it clearer.

By the way, you didn't answer the questions I posed in my last reply - if you don't give us the information then we can't help you out!
robin

Postby BigLarry » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:23 am

robin wrote:By the way, you didn't answer the questions I posed in my last reply - if you don't give us the information then we can't help you out!

Hi Robin - sorry about not replying to the previous question - it seems to have sorted itself out! (ie. I have have HTML code appear in the inline window anymore .. many of those problems were messages I imported via saved .eml format)

Anyways the second issue is what I am addressing now. If I click "att2.txt" (diff. name - sorry) as it is supposed to be, it opens in the original HTML format in my default text editor.

Is there any ways to stop this from appearing?

Code: Select all
A T T A C H E D   F I L E S   I N L I N E   D I S P L A Y

Attached text follows, filename: att2.txt

Thanks again :)
BigLarry
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:57 am

Only for all messages, not selectively - Under Tools -> Options, Reading mail, uncheck "Show supported attachments inline". I think that that should do what you want.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To