[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - mailto: problems

mailto: problems

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

mailto: problems

Postby alanstancliff » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am

Hello all,

I had to get a new computer rather suddenly to replace my old Win XP 32-bit machine. I got Win7 64-bit. Barca seems to be running about the same, and I have it set up as my default email (actually my only email client).

I noticed that when I clicked on a mailto:guesswho@guesswho.com email address in an HTML page I was testing, nothing happened. I had the page open in FireFox. So I tried it in IE, and an error message popped up titled "Mail client not found". The message said:

Mail client not found wrote:Could not perform this operation because default mail client is not properly installed.

Can anyone give me any clues?

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Re: mailto: problems

Postby luxor » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:17 pm

See if the following thread helps,
MAILTO fix
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby alanstancliff » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 am

luxor wrote:See if the following thread helps,
MAILTO fix

Thanks Luxor,

That seems to have done the trick.

Regards,
Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby luxor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Glad to help. :D
luxor
Resident Poster

Postby jaxgtr » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

By the way, here is the another way to correct this and it works in Vista or Win7, don't have Win8, so don't know if it works on that. Once you do this, re-select the Make Barca default mailer in options and it should work as it should.

Go to HKEY_Classes_Root > Barca Mailto.

Add a new shell Key, then add the other under it, copy over the Data Value in the new command key and it works like it should.

the Registry entries are done incorrectly.

What they are:

Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
|-shell
|-open
|-command

What they should be:

Code: Select all
DefaultIcon
shell
|-open
|-command

Once you add the keys, right click the default key option in the right window, select modify and then enter the program link as shown below including the quotes:
"C:\Program Files\PocoMail\Poco.exe" /m "%1"

Or wherever you have Barca installed.

Should be good to go.

jaxgtr
jaxgtr
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To