[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - My license key is refused

My license key is refused

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problem on server side?

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:50 pm

COD:
Thanks for the suggestions. I followed your advice. I uninstalled. Rebooted. Used a registry cleaner (Registry First Aid, a paid-for version), rebooted again, downloaded a Barca copy, ensured (via a compare-program) that my copy was exactly the same as the downloaded version, then I installed it, then I used Notepad to open the receipt mail with the name and license key in it, I copied and pasted that in the unlock windows, I verified that the name and the license code were was exactly the same as in the e-mail, and then pressed unlock. Then I got the same error: this license is invalid, your IP has been logged etc.

So I do not think something is corrupt on my end. Another reason why I do not think that something is corrupt on my end, is that initially I installed Barca as - almost - the first program on a notebook which just had a clean re-install of Windows XP Home. So it really is a clean XP, the right Barca EXE file, and the right code and the right name I used.

There is another reason why the error does not necessarily have to be on *my* end: the unlock window contains the following text:
"(...) Please enter below the license code you
received in the purchase confirmation
e-mail. The code will be authenticated with our
server to ensure validity. (...)

So it is possible that the error is on the server on the other side.

As it is now, I think this could be checked by Poco Staff on the server side.

Omega:
If there is an official line that the support@pocomail.com is fake and that the online support form is fake, and that registered users *must* use this forum to get support - fine with me, but I was not told and noone else has. The receipt-e-mail said I could use support@pocomail.com and the poco web site itself offers an online form. Both I used. There is nothing wrong with that, and as a paying customer I entitled to support. So I trust that they will respond. Who I send personal messages is anything of my - not your - business. So be a bit less patronizing, please.

Back to the issue at hand:
1) Could it be that the server has wrong license info?
2) Any other ideas what could cause this?

Thanks!
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby COD » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:09 am

I'm out of ideas at this point - Poco is usually pretty good at responsing to stuff - but they are a small comapny - maybe they are all on a golf retreat or something this week .
COD
Resident Poster

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:24 am

Good news. I was contacted by Poco staff yesterday - they would look into it. I trust that they will look into it and get back to me.

Just theorizing with the information gathered so far, my guess is that the following is the case:
- the license allows installation on two machines
- each install, there is an online check of the license
- Poco Systems server has an installation 'counter'
- Poco Systems server refuses the license upon the third installation (?)

Maybe this has happened I don't know.

Thanks for the help by the way - I appreciate your help.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Problem on server side?

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:48 am

poco-stress-relieve wrote:So it is possible that the error is on the server on the other side.

As it is now, I think this could be checked by Poco Staff on the server side.

For obvious reasons, we will not want to discuss the authentication process. Send me the name and email address you used when you made your Barca purchase, and the license code via email to james AT pocomail DOT com and I will look into it. We will need those information before anything can be done.
Jim

Re: My license key is refused

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:07 am

poco-stress-relieve wrote:The license agreement allows the installation - for one user - on two computers:

However, when I installed Barca on my second computer - a Notebook - it refuses my license key. It says that it is invalid and continues in the evaluation mode.

Thank you for your patience. Your interpretation of the EULA is indeed correct, however, as pointed out in our email to you, the information available to us showed that you were indeed granted two registrations, not one as you wrote above. Please make sure your registration key is not being used by others. Thank you for your patience. Email us if you need further assistance.
Jim

Please reply

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:23 am

Hi James,

On August 6 you sent me a private e-mail saying that you would look into my situation and get back to me in 2 weeks. It is September 12 now and I have had no response yet (I sent you e-mails on August 28 inquiring to the status but that one also went un-replied). Yesterday I sent another e-mail asking if a solution had been found but that bounced (my e-mail address blocked??).

Sigh.

James, I give up. Why don't you live up to your promises? If there is a reason (like a heavy workload) I will certainly understand - a short e-mail will do. Now you ignore me.

(please recall this all started with three different e-mail requests being ignored). The situation sadly has not changed.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Please reply

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:18 pm

poco-stress-relieve wrote:Hi James,

On August 6 you sent me a private e-mail saying that you would look into my situation and get back to me in 2 weeks. It is September 12 now and I have had no response yet (I sent you e-mails on August 28 inquiring to the status but that one also went un-replied). Yesterday I sent another e-mail asking if a solution had been found but that bounced (my e-mail address blocked??).

Sigh.

James, I give up. Why don't you live up to your promises? If there is a reason (like a heavy workload) I will certainly understand - a short e-mail will do. Now you ignore me.

(please recall this all started with three different e-mail requests being ignored). The situation sadly has not changed.

I am aware that our Support folks have been in contact with you on several occasions over email. I have access to all the emails you sent to them and the ones that they sent you to. In addition, I have access to the registration information for your license code. Sharing such information on this forum will not be productive. Please continue the conversation with us over email. As a company, we have been very responsive to you. Thanks.
Jim

Previous

Return to Barca Help and How-To