[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - My license key is refused

My license key is refused

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

My license key is refused

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:53 am

The license agreement allows the installation - for one user - on two computers:

"(...) Once registered, Barca may either be used by a
single person who uses the software personally on one
or two computers, or installed on a single workstation
used non-simultaneously by multiple people, but not
both. (...)"

However, when I installed Barca on my second computer - a Notebook - it refuses my license key. It says that it is invalid and continues in the evaluation mode.

Who knows the solution to this? I mailed the support desk but received no answer yet, but maybe someone else has had experience with this as well and is able to help me. Thanks!

--------
p.s.: For those of you who dual-boot with Linux often, check out Evolution, a free Barca-alike personal information manager.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby COD » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:09 am

I've got Barca installed on 2 computers with one license (laptop and desktop machines). I didn't have any problems. I'd triple check the license number - cut and paste directly from the email to avoid typos.
COD
Resident Poster

Re: My license key is refused

Postby Alpha » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:22 am

poco-stress-relieve wrote:The license agreement allows the installation - for one user - on two computers:

However, when I installed Barca on my second computer - a Notebook - it refuses my license key. It says that it is invalid and continues in the evaluation mode.

From COD's post and my personal experience, it seems like you may be entering the information wrong. Also, verify that your licence key had only been used/registered once before. If you send your licence key to Support, they may be able to tell you when your licence key was used.
Alpha

Thanks for the suggestions, but...

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:49 am

The problem remains unsolved:

1) I used exactly the same information as was given to me in the e-mail (name, license key). I used copy & paste.

2) I already sent the license key and the description of the problem to Poco support actually. The first time about a week ago, using the online support form, but I have to date received no reply. Then, about two days ago I sent an e-mail - also no reply yet.

I posted the problem here because I received no reply to my tech support requests.

So I am kinda stuck now, with a paid-for 'evaluation version'...

-------------------
n.b.: I am using a brand new notebook with a brand new MS Windows XP (clean install) and I installed Barca on it. So there should be no mix-up with other programs. I also already tried re-installing Barca from scratch (of course - regular uninstall first with shut-down/bootup before I installed). But the problem remains the same - my license key is refused.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Alpha » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:16 am

Why don't you send your licence code and name to James. Include the information you posted on this thread.
Alpha

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:24 am

Who is James? Do you perhaps have his e-mail address for me?
Thanks.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Alpha » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:26 am

Use private message. I believe his forum username is 'Jim'
Alpha

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:44 am

Ah, I guess I will wait a bit before I send private messages - I think using the regular support request routes should work. I will just wait. I paid for support so I am confident that I will get a response.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Flashfox » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:27 pm

poco-stress-relieve wrote:Ah, I guess I will wait a bit before I send private messages - I think using the regular support request routes should work. I will just wait. I paid for support so I am confident that I will get a response.

James Dada ("Jim") is the President and COO of PocoSystems Inc. Both he and "Slaven" Radic (CEO/CTO) are very helpful to users and they are active participants in this group. If they cannot help you, then nobody can ;-)

FWIW, I am a licensed user of PMPE3, PM3 and Barca. My personal experience with PSI's customer support has been pretty good.
Flashfox

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:35 pm

Thanks. Reassuring. But I am waiting. If there is a formal policy that tech support should run via the forum then I missed something. For now - I sent two support requests via the normal routes and that should do it, right?
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Flashfox » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:49 pm

poco-stress-relieve wrote:Thanks. Reassuring. But I am waiting. If there is a formal policy that tech support should run via the forum then I missed something. For now - I sent two support requests via the normal routes and that should do it, right?

I also report problems and request support via the official channels.

However, it's hard to ignore the presence of two of PSI's key people in this group... so I succumb and ask them also. What can I say, I am only human ;-)

My typical response time from PSI technical support has been around 48 hours.
Flashfox

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:27 pm

Ok, that gives hope.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby poco-stress-relieve » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:09 am

New info: - I just found this post elsewhere:

http://www.pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64

Alpha (Moderator) wrote on 23 Jul 2004, regarding installation on more than one machine: (...) "You will have to register each installation separately with different registration codes."

Questions:

1) Is this information correct?

2) Am I the only one whose support requests (sent in via the regular routes a week and also about three days ago) do not get a follow-up by Poco systems staff? Or is it perhaps a busy time for all?

3) Poco staff - if you are reading this - could you please respond to my support requests? The two requests got all the detailed information that you should need I guess. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks.
poco-stress-relieve
Drop-in Visitor

Postby COD » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:38 am

That post is related to somebody wanting to replicate his Barca set up for several different installs, all of which need to be licensed seperately. Not related to your question at all.

Try this - download a clean install of Barca and try your license again. AFAIK, Barca does not phone home to check your license against a database. If your license works in one install but not the other, it is either something corrupt about your install, or you are not entering it correctly. The software is the software, something has changed on your end. Have you tried downloading a freeware windows registry cleaner to erase all remnants of Barca from the problem install?
COD
Resident Poster

Postby Omega » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:42 am

poco-stress-relieve wrote:3) Poco staff - if you are reading this - could you please respond to my support requests? The two requests got all the detailed information that you should need I guess. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

A number of people are trying to help you on this thread, and you should try to appreciate their effort. Poco Systems provides support via email, this forum and other means (?). Since your objective is to resolve an issue you are facing, it should be irrelevant to you whether Poco Systems provides that help via this forum or other means. In fact, as long as Poco Systems helps you, the 'how' should be non of your business. If you are a registered user and you indeed have only registered your Barca "once" and cannot register it a second time (as per the license agreement), then pass your licence information to them via this forum. Since it is possible that your email did not get to them, what is the harm in contacting Jim or Slaven via private message?
Omega

Next

Return to Barca Help and How-To