[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - one big drawback and few suggestions

one big drawback and few suggestions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

one big drawback and few suggestions

Postby hatbrox » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:56 am

Hi,
this is the 2nd time I post some suggestions but it seems that you deleted it.
If this forum is the right place to post suggestions, please notify me!

The first thing that came through this morning was that I want to reorganize my folders structure. I discovered that barca does not allow to drag & drop folders and subfolders. One have to first create the new structure and then move the messages. I think I don't need to tell you what I think.
It's such a pain and is taking me hours. I'm actually considering switching to another email client just because of that.
I'm sure this will happen in the future and I cannot afford to spend so much time.

The other improvement are somwhat minor:
1/ full support of imap (you already know that!!!)
2/ in the folder list, it would be cool to be able change the color, font size of the folders.
when you have 10 root folders in addition to the out of the box folders, it's difficults to identify quickly where to go.
Another way would be to see my account in the folder list with the account name in bold or something like that. (see mozilla thunderbird for some inspiration)

3/ a tool to import contact from outlook express.
At the moment, I cannot use the CSV format as most of my contact have internationnal code in their phone number (eg 0044, 0031 etc) the CSV format ignore the 2 first zeros. The only workaround I've found (but not done yet) is to install eudora and use it as gateway!

4/ more cosmetic: couldn't we have the option to option to apply skins? you already provide such a tool in pocomail.

5/ hotmail/http mail support would be nice, I'd like so much to get rid of outlook express

barca has fantastic features but manipulating folders is really a pain in the "derrière"!

Thanks

hatbrox
hatbrox
New Arrival

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:06 am

Barca, like Pocomail, moves mailboxes via drag and drop just fine.

Note that you can not d&d a submailbox under another mailbox unless there is already a submailbox under that destination mailbox. This is because only when a submialbox is under a mailbox is that mailbox considered a folder illegible for submailboxes.
Sandy

Postby COD » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:45 am

Hotmail is proprietary. The reason OE can access it is they are both Microsoft products. I think there are some pop3 gateways to Hotmail available. They could be used in conjunction with Barca to access Hotmail.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby Omega » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:51 am

COD wrote:Hotmail is proprietary. The reason OE can access it is they are both Microsoft products. I think there are some pop3 gateways to Hotmail available. They could be used in conjunction with Barca to access Hotmail.

...in addtion, anytime Microsoft chose to change the access methods for Hotmail those "pop3 gateways" (web2pop, Izymail to name a few) have to be revised also (hence the spyware nature of Incredimail and its gazzillion downloads due to weekly updates), which is why many applications that allows access to Hotmail, Yahoo, and other proprietary email systems are server based and charge subscription.
Omega

Postby hatbrox » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:15 am

Indeed I need to move sub mailboxes.
I really don't see any technical issue that could prevent this.
All other emails I've been using allow this.

Any chance this will be available in future updates/releases?

cheers

hatbrox
hatbrox
hatbrox
New Arrival

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:37 am

hatbrox, I can't make heads or tails of your latest post.
Sandy

Return to Barca Help and How-To