[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Repair Installation

Repair Installation

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Repair Installation

Postby NZRussell » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Is it possible to do a repair installation of Barca 2.8. I'm a bit reluctant to try without some advice as I have thousands of emails that I need to keep and I'm concerned that if I do a complete fresh install I might find the back up emails may not work with a fresh install.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Re: Repair Installation

Postby jbuk » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:46 am

You don't say why you want to do a repair installation. As far as I am aware this has never been an option.
The best solution is to do a fresh install to a different location and then import your data from your existing Barca installation.
You then have the challenge to get the new setup working to your satisfaction whilst still having your original setup there as a fall back.
This forum by the way is pretty dead nowadays and in fact has only been brought back from the dead in the past month or two.

Nevertheless it is a useful historical resource for those of us who are still using Slaven's excellent products.
jbuk
Resident Poster

Re: Repair Installation

Postby NZRussell » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks for your reply jbuk. Even though I've not been back since I post my question (due to health problems), I hadn't forgotten about it.

My problem is that there are two installs already but just occasionally, my PC (Windows 7) seems to get confused between the two. Because of the confusion by the PC I'm reluctant to delete one of the installs just in-case the system can't find the remaining one. There have been BSOD problems that may be related and ideally, a full system reinstall from the OS on would be best but I can't take the system off-line long enough to do that as it is used for an on-line business. So I had hoped to try a repair of the existing installation to see if that would help.

Perhaps, I should get another PC and put all my software there as well as rebuilding this one. At least I then have an immediate alternative.
NZRussell
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To