[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca observations

Barca observations

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca observations

Postby davidg80 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:54 am

I keep trying to like Barca but I cannot get any empathy with it.

First the good point/s
I have just d/l version 1.4. Up to now I have been unable to import my calendar from Outlook 98. Now that Palm Sync is available I tried up loading from that instead. Initially it would not appear in Barca although it had previously worked perfectly with Palm Desktop.

Looking in the calendar folder the calendar.dat file just contained the entries made by Barca, but there was another called debuglog.csv. This contained all my information. I thought that I would delete all the files in this folder and re-sync. That then produced calendar.dat the same size as the csv file. On loading Barca it just hung. With my impatience I killed it and re installed Barca. Same thing when I ran it. This time I left it and went out for 10 minutes or so. On returning Barca had sorted itself out and had a list of 800 entries to be snoozed or dismissed. Once that was done all was fine and all my data seemed to be there.

Now for the downside.
The calendar has no search function and so I would not buy it for this alone.

The calendar page has no memory of its last display state. I like to work with 7 day view. The month calendar 1 wide by 2 deep. Each time Barca is started this has to be reset.

When you select week numbers the font for the month calendar is too small - as compared to the same with Outlook.

The calendar entries are all boxed out rather than just being text.

The overall interface appears too messy when compared to Outlook 98 which has a very neat look to it. I am no fan of Microsoft but credit where it is due. I am ignoring the email side since I use Poco for that.

This is not intended to upset anyone but maybe some feedback would help.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To