[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Groups in Contacts problem

Groups in Contacts problem

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Groups in Contacts problem

Postby DrJon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:17 pm

Finally got round to organise my contacts this morning. Created a few groups and am having a big problem adding contacts to a group:

1) There is no way of adding contacts to a group within the group properties (unless I'm missing it)

2) Any contact that is near the group in the contacts list is easy to add - just drag and drop. However, if the contact is on a different page of the list, you cannot drag it to the group.

3) If I go into shortcuts and click on Contacts to show the contacts in the main window, it would seem logical to be able to drag contacts from this window to a group in the contacts list on the left hand side but this doesn't work.

This all makes the Group feature a bit useless. The more I use the address book/ contacts the more I feel it is by far the weakest part of Barca. It's not even as good as the WAB let alone the Outlook address book.

On a plus note, just discovered the ability to assign a different icon to a group or contact which is nice. :)
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby GHaavy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:12 am

Hi DrJon,

That's a great observation! Perhaps a bug or feature problem? I had assumed that when you open the address book, you would be able to drag contacts across... but this doesn't work, as you say.

The only way I have been able to do it (I'm a limited knowledge source, so bear that in mind) is to drag the contact down (or up, as the case may be) to the end of the visible list in order to initiate scrolling.

It does work... but it's very temperamental. I found that if you drag just to the point where the cursor changes, then backtrack slightly, it starts to scroll.

I would suggest continuing to try to get it to scroll until this can be addressed, perhaps, in a later build?

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:02 pm

GHaavy wrote:Hi DrJon,

That's a great observation! Perhaps a bug or feature problem? I had assumed that when you open the address book, you would be able to drag contacts across... but this doesn't work, as you say.

The only way I have been able to do it (I'm a limited knowledge source, so bear that in mind) is to drag the contact down (or up, as the case may be) to the end of the visible list in order to initiate scrolling.

It does work... but it's very temperamental. I found that if you drag just to the point where the cursor changes, then backtrack slightly, it starts to scroll.

I would suggest continuing to try to get it to scroll until this can be addressed, perhaps, in a later build?

- Grant

This is a bug, it exists in Poco and has been reported in Bug Traction. Hopefully it will be addressed in the upcoming Poco beta (with the Barca beta to follow before too long).
Michael

Postby DrJon » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

This is a bug, it exists in Poco and has been reported in Bug Traction

Is this available to view by anyone - no point in posting about bugs that have already been logged but with all the old messages on the old forums having disappeared, it's difficult to find out what's a known bug and what isn't.

Cheers,

Jon.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:34 pm

BugTraction is here - Choose the PocoMail project from the dropdown list.
robin

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:43 am

Group handling has been improved- we think :) - for the next beta. Thanks y'all.
Jim

Return to Barca Help and How-To