[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How do I move a folder to the root of the mail box list?

How do I move a folder to the root of the mail box list?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How do I move a folder to the root of the mail box list?

Postby DrJon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:35 pm

I have a folder/ mailbox (called Work) that contains all my work emails and is organised into around 30 sub mail boxes.

Unfortunately, when I imported my mail boxes from outlook, this folder ended up as a sub folder of my Personal mailbox (probably my mistake). What I want to be able to do is move the Work mailbox (and its contents) to the root i.e. the same level as the In Box, Sent Items etc.

Obviously I can do this by creating a new Work mail box in the root and dragging all the items from the work folder that's currently in my personal folder into this new folder. But there are an awful lot of folders in this mailbox and I'm lazy. Is there an easier way?

I'm tempted to try copying the Barca\Mail\Personal\Work folder into Barca\Mail but I'm a little concerned that this might trash Barca.
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Re: How do I move a folder to the root of the mail box list?

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:16 am

DrJon wrote:Obviously I can do this by creating a new Work mail box in the root and dragging all the items from the work folder that's currently in my personal folder into this new folder. But there are an awful lot of folders in this mailbox and I'm lazy. Is there an easier way?
That would be the best and safest solution. IMO
Another solution is closing Barca first, after making a backup and copying the Barca\Mail\Personal\Work folder into Barca\Mail, like you suggested. The only negative point is that you loose the automatic updating of filters.
Make sure to make this new Mailbox your favourite by rightclicking on it and checking the checkbox. After restart it should display on top.
Eric

Postby DrJon » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:10 am

Finally got round to moving my work mailbox which ended up being nice and easy although it does show up something that needs clearer implementation.

I created a new mailbox called Work1 in the root and then tried to move the Customers mailbox from my old work mailbox. Instead of ending up in Work1 it ended up in the root!

So, I then tried to move the whole Work mailbox into the Work1 mailbox and lo and behold, that also ended up in the root. Exactly what I wanted :lol:

Have done some subsequent testing and this is what happens:

1) Create a new mail box in the root. You cannot drag any other mailboxes into this mailbox.

2) Create a sub mailbox in this mailbox. You can now add mailboxes to the parent.

This appears to be because Barca only creates a separate directory for the mailbox when you create a new sub mail box inside it. This is probably expected behaviour but it needs clearing up as it's a bit confusing if you're not expecting it!
DrJon
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To