[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing Mail from other client

Importing Mail from other client

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing Mail from other client

Postby andreasfc » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:05 pm

I was wondering if there is a tool which can export my email from the bat and then iimport it back into Barca?

Anyone has an idea?

Thanx
andreasfc
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Importing Mail from other client

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:45 pm

Hi andreasfc,
andreasfc wrote:I was wondering if there is a tool which can export my email from the bat and then iimport it back into Barca?
Anyone has an idea?
There's Mailbag Assistant, but it isn't free ($34.95).
:) That's the one I used to export everything from The Bat to Poco.
It exports everything to EML, which can be easily imported into Barca.
Read the info on the website and see if you can use it. :wink:
Eric

Postby andreasfc » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:00 pm

thanx for the info, I wil try it.
andreasfc
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:00 am

I have used the built-in export and import functions in the past. In The Bat, you can import and export unix mailboxes, which is a format Poco can handle. However you need to export each folder separately. I don't remember having any problems, and I mostly did the export from The Bat, not the other way.
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby J-Mac » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:06 pm

Eric,

I did download the trial of Mailbag Assistant when I first started using Barca, but didn't get to "master" all of its functions before the trial ran out. I didn't really spend the time I should have with it during the trial.

Basic stuff (searches, backup to eml, etc.) was easy enough to do, but the more advanced features weren't real intuitive and looked like they needed some work to get proficient with them.

At $34.95 I want to make sure it has features I'll use before I buy. Some posts and reviews I've seen say it is powerful, but geared more toward the enterprise professional dealing with many thousands of messages. I presently have over 1,300 messages on my home PC. I'm leaning strongly toward buying it but I guess I need a little push!

Could you give a quick synopsis of what things you use Mailbag Assistant for with Barca/Pocomail?

Thanks!
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:12 am

Hi J-Mac,
J-Mac wrote:Could you give a quick synopsis of what things you use Mailbag Assistant for with Barca/Pocomail?
In the beginning I experimented with several email clients, before I found Poco. In order to make the transition from Courier (Calypso), The Bat, in which I'd about 3,000 messages, as smooth as possible I bought Mailbag Assistant. :)

I primarily use it to archive old emails I want to keep. All messages were converted to EML and have been copied to a CD-RW, on which I can search, filter, extract email adresses, attachments and so on ...
If I want to archive more emails, I only have to point to the mailbox(es) and convert them, or setting a filter.
I haven't even had the time yet to learn the advanced functions.

I don't have a professional enterprise, nor do I've an enormous quantity of messages, but I find this tool invaluable. IMO

I'm leaning strongly toward buying it but I guess I need a little push!
I hope I didn't push too much. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To