[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - General questions

General questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

General questions

Postby flats » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:04 am

First, when inserting a name in the E-mail field, an autocomplete would be nice. also, when you want to add more than 1 name it seems I have to manually put the ; in seperating names. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Is there a way to see which account a message was received on? I have 4 E-mail accounts and I'd like to be able to see which account the message was received on?

Does anyone know how to use Mcafee to virus scan the attachments as they are received?

Thanks a bunch.

I actually love this program, I hope no one sees this as me downplaying the program. Just a long long time outlook user trying to see what features I am missing.
flats
New Arrival

Re: General questions

Postby COD » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:16 am

flats wrote:First, when inserting a name in the E-mail field, an autocomplete would be nice. also, when you want to add more than 1 name it seems I have to manually put the ; in seperating names. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Barca has that - turn on autocomplete in the options

Is there a way to see which account a message was received on? I have 4 E-mail accounts and I'd like to be able to see which account the message was received on?

Look at the headers - the account is there. What I would do is assign different email addresses to each account - that way the "to" field will ID the account for you. This is easily done with filters - if account = x, change "to" = y, etc.

Does anyone know how to use Mcafee to virus scan the attachments as they are received?

Hate the program, can't help you there. CA E-trust does it automatically in the default install.

I actually love this program, I hope no one sees this as me downplaying the program. Just a long long time outlook user trying to see what features I am missing.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are looking that hard I question whether or not you are really missing the features in the first place. The stuff you really miss from Outlook will jump right out at you - options you might use once per month you can likely do without. The tradeoff for better email security is well worth it IMO.[/quote]
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:41 am

flats wrote:Is there a way to see which account a message was received on? I have 4 E-mail accounts and I'd like to be able to see which account the message was received on?
I've developed a technique that lets you do this. It is multi-step so keep up now...

1. In Options -> Reading Mail -> Index Options, choose the Column setup tab. In 'Custom 1:' enter X-Account

2. In the Column Visibility tab check Custom 1.

Go back to your inbox - you should now have a column on the right hand side called X-Account, if you don't, then right click on the mailbox name in the left hand mailbox list and set the column visibility from there.

3. Lastly, compress the mailbox to extract the information.

You will see the name that you have given to the account that Barca retrieves the message from. This will appear both in the index and in the short header in the preview pane. If you use full headers you'll see it anyway.

This technique can be used to display any headers in a message - if the message doesn't have that header then it will just display a blank.
robin

Postby Pete » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:18 am

flats wrote:also, when you want to add more than 1 name it seems I have to manually put the ; in seperating names.

Note that PocoMail uses a comma (,) to separate email addresses, not a semi-colon (;). :)
Pete

Postby tallcangal » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:10 am

I used to be a user of Mcafee. For attachments, it does scan them automatically when you do check your email much like a lot of other AV programs.

As for seeing the account the email was sent to, another way of doing this would be to go to Mailbox-->Mailbox Properties (or press Alt+Enter)-->Columns Tab-->check the To part to show that in your mailbox view.

Now in the mailbox view, it would show the account it was sent to.

Just another way 8)
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:08 am

tallcangal wrote:Now in the mailbox view, it would show the account it was sent to.
Not *strictly* correct - that will show you the e-mail address that it was sent to but that is not necessarily the same as the account that downloaded it.
robin

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:18 pm

robin wrote:
flats wrote:Is there a way to see which account a message was received on? I have 4 E-mail accounts and I'd like to be able to see which account the message was received on?
I've developed a technique that lets you do this. It is multi-step so keep up now...

1. In Options -> Reading Mail -> Index Options, choose the Column setup tab. In 'Custom 1:' enter X-Account

2. In the Column Visibility tab check Custom 1.

Go back to your inbox - you should now have a column on the right hand side called X-Account, if you don't, then right click on the mailbox name in the left hand mailbox list and set the column visibility from there.

3. Lastly, compress the mailbox to extract the information.

You will see the name that you have given to the account that Barca retrieves the message from. This will appear both in the index and in the short header in the preview pane. If you use full headers you'll see it anyway.

This technique can be used to display any headers in a message - if the message doesn't have that header then it will just display a blank.

Note that you can customize this on a mailbox by mailbox basis by right clicking on the mailbox and selecting properties and then using the "Columns" tab.
Michael

Return to Barca Help and How-To