[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - More on Address Book Restore

More on Address Book Restore

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

More on Address Book Restore

Postby COD » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:39 pm

I deleted my original message as I've validated my comment in another thread that 98% of computer problems are user error ;)

After restoring Barca, you need to go into the address book screen and add the address books that were imported but not there previously. The data was all in the address folder, but Barca wasn't pulling it into the application until I manually added the address books.

Although the whole thing is very counter intuitive. I think Barca and Poco should auto add any address book it finds in the folder.
COD
Resident Poster

Re: More on Address Book Restore

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:55 pm

COD wrote:Although the whole thing is very counter intuitive. I think Barca and Poco should auto add any address book it finds in the folder.

In Barca, you can have multiple address books, but only one is active in the main window at any given time. The default address book is called 'Address' and it is the active address book unless you change it. You have to select which address book you want active under Tools > Options > Contacts.
Jim

Postby COD » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:17 am

I understand that Jim. But after backing up my desktop machine, and then restoring to my laptop, two address books that existed on my destop did not appear to be Barca at all (on my laptop). The data was in the directory , however I had to go through the add an addressbook procedure just to get them to a point where they could be selected as the active address book. Prior to that, they didn't even show up in the list of address books to choose from.

What I was suggesting was that if the address book ini file exists in the directory, it should be available as an address book to select, without any additional work from the user.
COD
Resident Poster

Return to Barca Help and How-To