[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Pre-Purchase Question

Pre-Purchase Question

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Pre-Purchase Question

Postby gerd2 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:24 am

Hello All,

I've been a very happy pocomail user for approx 2 years now. I've been reviewing Barca for a few days now.

I've looked thru the forums and the product information, and am seriously considering going to Barca.

Now here are the few questions, i would greatly appreciate answers from POCO sys reps or hardcore users.

____

Is Pocomail within Barca? In other words are all the features of Pocomail included in Barca - or is Barca simply Pocomail with Calendar and etc features?

Import/Export - i assume this will be flawless moving all accounts emails mailboxes (everything) etc.

If not ... what features am i giving up from Pocomail when switching to Barca?

_____

I know these questions are fairly broad, but any assistance you can provide to help me make a decision to move from Pocomail to Barca would help. I'm simply looking for a calendar where i can get reminders - and a good address book for contacts. So far Barca seems to have no trouble with that.

Thank you,

Re: Pre-Purchase Question

Postby robin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:49 am

Hi gerd2, welcome to the forums.
gerd2 wrote:Is Pocomail within Barca? In other words are all the features of Pocomail included in Barca - or is Barca simply Pocomail with Calendar and etc features?
All the e-mail functionality of PocoMail is found within Barca. Barca adds the PIM functions on top and integrates some of them with the e-mail client (e.g. the ability to send or receive appointments etc).

Import/Export - i assume this will be flawless moving all accounts emails mailboxes (everything) etc.
Generally yes. The safest way if the back-up all your Poco installation using Poco's Backup menu option, then use Barca's restore option to restore the same data.

None well - skins aren't officially supported in Barca, and some people don't like the default colours...
robin

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:50 am

Hi gerd2 & welcome to Poco Forum. :D
gerd2 wrote:Is Pocomail within Barca? In other words are all the features of Pocomail included in Barca - or is Barca simply Pocomail with Calendar and etc features?
:idea: All the features from Pocomail can be found in Barca. Barca is NOT Pocomail with Calendar & features.
I had no problems there, switching to Barca.
NONE. :D

I hope this helps. :wink:
:oops: Robin beat me too it. :lol:
Eric

Postby COD » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:54 am

I was a fulltime Poco user for a couple of years - did not have any problems migrating to Barca.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:43 am

Eric wrote: :oops: Robin beat me to it. :lol:
:lol:

Although I'm relieved to see that we put essentially the same answer!
robin

Postby John » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:16 am

I beleive this is on topic. If I purchase Barca does that mean that I can use my own domain in the URL link contained in the email.

Currentley it displays pocomail link

Thanks in advance
John
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:22 am

By default non-registered version of Poco and Barca will show the Poco URL. When you install the licence number this disappears. You can add your own if you want to in the Accounts setup.
robin

Postby John » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:26 am

Thanks Robin
John
Poco Tourist

Postby GHaavy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:40 am

robin wrote:Although I'm relieved to see that we put essentially the same answer!
That was uncanny!! Almost word for word. You guys have been practicing that, haven't you!... come on, admit it. :lol:

- Grant
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
GHaavy
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To