[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Snooze reminders not working correctly

Snooze reminders not working correctly

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Snooze reminders not working correctly

Postby davidg80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:57 am

I have found with Barca that when a reminder comes up and you use the snooze button to put it back. If you then shut Barca and re-open the reminder comes up straight away although the snooze time has not elapsed.

You may not think this much of a problem but I often set reminders for days or weeks ahead and then use the snooze for days or weeks and Outlook remembers the setting. With Barca it comes up everytime irrespective of the delay you set.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby tribble » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:25 am

As I recall, this is consistent behavior to (GASP!) Outlook.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Re: Snooze reminders not working correctly

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:45 am

Hi David,
davidg80 wrote:I have found with Barca that when a reminder comes up and you use the snooze button to put it back. If you then shut Barca and re-open the reminder comes up straight away although the snooze time has not elapsed.
:roll: I tried it twice already and I can't reproduce this behaviour. The snooze as well as the second snooze work correctly on my system with an interval from 5 minutes.
Eric

Postby tribble » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:21 pm

Mine doesn't. If I set a snooze for five minutes, close and restart Barca, the snooze comes up immediately.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 pm

tribble wrote:Mine doesn't. If I set a snooze for five minutes, close and restart Barca, the snooze comes up immediately.
I just created those events to do the test. :roll: Maybe it's related to importing existing events from Outlook or did you also create an event?
Eric

Postby tribble » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:32 pm

I haven't used Outlook on my personal computer since I started using Pocomail about 2 years ago! Argh! Just say no - To Outlook!

Therefore, nothing to import :)

I created all events. Ordinarily, this isn't a problem as Barca runs 24/7, except for the times it crashes :-(
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:41 pm

tribble wrote:I created all events.
:shock: Very strange.
I never used Outlook as I don't want anything from M$, except my Windows which was pre-installed.
Ordinarily, this isn't a problem as Barca runs 24/7, except for the times it crashes :(
Glad to hear it's no problem. I also had some crashes, but never lost anything, so that's good news for this first release. :D
Eric

Postby davidg80 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:23 pm

Thanks Eric & All

I just created those events to do the test. Rolling Eyes Maybe it's related to importing existing events from Outlook or did you also create an event?

It was a new event I created, but taking your point I did a clean re-install of Barca and it worked correctly, so as you suggest the import is causing a corruption somewhere. Reckon I will have to wait until they have got the POImport working fully before carrying on with this.

Re Outlook. Like many I am not fond of MS /ware but as a diary and contact manager Outlook does work very well. You should not begrudge them that.
As far as the email side goes then it is locked and handcuffed <g>, and I rely on Poco.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

More on reminders

Postby noramar » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm

I'm having an odd problem with reminders. They pop up when I first start the program, as they should. However, I can't click anywhere to make it go away and continue loading the program. Or rather, wherever I click, I just get a "ding", but can't snooze it, or dismiss it, or close it.

It has happened both with reminders I have created, as well as the one about purchasing Barca that comes with it. The only way I've been able to get beyond this is by: first ending the task from the Task Manager, and then editing the calendar.dat file and setting the reminder to "0" and deleting the reminder date.

Has anybody else had this problem? How can I fix it for good? I do want to be reminded, so my workaround is really only a band-aid for now.

Thanks!
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:03 am

Hi noramar,
:roll: Have you tried a clean install to see if these problems come back?
Create a new Event in this new install and test it out before importing from your previous install.

Let me know! :wink:
Eric

Postby noramar » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:35 pm

I tried a clean install, tested a new event and it worked fine, so I imported my previous install into the clean install, and tried it again. Still worked fine. Last thing I did was go back into my original install and import from the clean install. Everything works as advertised now. Thanks a million! :D

Now my question is this: how do I get rid of the second install? If I go through Add/Remove programs, it only shows Barca once. I'm afraid I might get rid of both. Should I just delete the extra Barca directory?

Again, thanks for your help!

:lol:
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:58 pm

noramar wrote:Now my question is this: how do I get rid of the second install? If I go through Add/Remove programs, it only shows Barca once. I'm afraid I might get rid of both. Should I just delete the extra Barca directory?
That should work fine and is what I would do. However just to be on the safe side I suggest that you move the folder with the second install somewhere else, or rename it, and run with that for a few days just to make sure. If you see no problems then you can really delete it.
robin

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:53 am

noramar wrote:Everything works as advertised now. Thanks a million! :D
Great to hear that your problem got solved. :D
Should I just delete the extra Barca directory?
Robin is correct, it's also what I do with every new build.
Afterwards you can run a regcleaner to remove every reference from your register to that 2nd installation.
Again, thanks for your help!
You're welcome. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To