[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to send emails .. using BCC only ?

How to send emails .. using BCC only ?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to send emails .. using BCC only ?

Postby Raptor1 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:57 am

As topic..

How to set Barca to allowing out of emails using "BCC" only, with the "TO:" empty?
Raptor1
New Arrival

Re: How to send emails .. using BCC only ?

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:10 am

Hi Raptor1 & welcome to Poco Forum. :D
Raptor1 wrote:How to set Barca to allowing out of emails using "BCC" only, with the "TO:" empty?
I don't think that would be possible, but you could always send it to yourself and include the other addresses in BCC.
Barca needs a TO field, as does other clients.

I hope this helps! :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eric

Postby tallcangal » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:38 am

Yes, you do need "something" in the To area. You could sent it to yourself yes. As well though, you can type "anything" in the To area.

When you do this however, an error will show up in the error log stating the email cannot be sent to the "To person" but will be sent to all other recipients.

I've done this and it does work and sends to all BCC's. The little "error" that is generated, to me, is minor and means nothing.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby tribble » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:58 pm

It is possible (in at least Outlook) to send only Bcc messages. There are times when this is highly desirable!
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tallcangal » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:08 pm

I'm right behind with you on that one tribble and couldn't agree more as I use that option quite frequently.

In PM though, you don't have to type a valid address in the To field. You can even type one character and it would still work, but you would get that little "error" message that can be ignored.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:48 am

Note that with my SMTP server (FastMail), I do not receive an error when I type a short description in the To: field (without an email address) as long as the description contains no spaces.

Works: Computer-Club
Error Message: Computer Club
Pete

Return to Barca Help and How-To