[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca --> Bug during file compression routine?

Barca --> Bug during file compression routine?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca --> Bug during file compression routine?

Postby Flashfox » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:00 pm

Whenever I try to compress all folders in Barca 1.0.0.70, at around the halfway mark, an error message pops-up stating that Barca seems to be frozen. It then asks me if I will let it send the relevant data back to PSI (I normally accept).

Then, although nothing seems to be happening, I continue to hear my HDD chugging along, as if it is continuing the compression effort.

Now, I do have 50+ folders and sub folders... but I don't recall ever seeing this problem in PocoMail and PocoMailPE.

It is as if some internal Barca timer routine believes that the program is frozen even if it is compressing the data.
Flashfox

Postby robin » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:41 pm

If you leave it *long* enough, does the problem go away - i.e. unfreezes?

Alternatively, if you compress the folders singly (a long job from the number of folders - but bear with me) is there one folder that seems to be tripping Barca up?
robin

Postby Grim_Deeds » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:01 pm

I'm also experiencing an issue when running "Compress All Mailboxes" and the problem doesn't seem to be related to a particular mailbox. Barca seems to freeze at different times during the process and the mailbox last indicated does compress afterward when I run "Compress Mailbox" on it.

Jeff
Grim_Deeds
Poco Tourist

Re: Barca --> Bug during file compression routine?

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:10 am

Flashfox wrote:Whenever I try to compress all folders in Barca 1.0.0.70, at around the halfway mark, an error message pops-up stating that Barca seems to be frozen.

We are aware of this and hope to have it fixed for the next release. Thanks for your patience.
Jim

Re: Barca --> Bug during file compression routine?

Postby Flashfox » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:47 am

Jim wrote:
Flashfox wrote:Whenever I try to compress all folders in Barca 1.0.0.70, at around the halfway mark, an error message pops-up stating that Barca seems to be frozen.

We are aware of this and hope to have it fixed for the next release. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the info...

While we wait for the update, can you share with us if this problem can be catastrophic? I ask as Barca becomes unstable afterwards. I need to shut it down and restart it.

Seems to me like the best suggestion would be to avoid the compression feature until the next update (right?)
Flashfox

Postby robin » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:10 am

Hi FlashFox - I had this happen to me just, my experience suggests that a reboot of Barca is the only way out. I went through a cycle of dialog boxes and error reports combined with the CPU going to almost 100% on Barca. It doesn't seem to have affected any of my data though.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To