[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Threading bug

Threading bug

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Threading bug

Postby adsworth » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi,

I just found a little bug (IMHO) in Barcas threading logik and I didn't find any mention of it in the forum so I'll post it.
I have 3 mails that are threaded, they arrived at 01:50, 02:28 and 02:48. Now when I open (select) the mailbox containing those mails and the sort order is set to date ascending everything is fine. My thread looks like this:
Code: Select all
1. mail  01:50
  2. mail 02:28
    3. mail 02:48

if the sort order is set to date descending then the thread is not correct. I get:
Code: Select all
1. mail  02:48
  2. mail 01:50
    3. mail 02:28

The important part is that the sort order needs tobe set before the mailbox is opened.

IMHO, the sort order should only apply to the root mails being displayed the threads as such should always be correct. I would expect the same threads in both cases just the top level sorted by date descending.

adi
adsworth
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To