[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Quote Bar

Quote Bar

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Quote Bar

Postby pako » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:14 am

Dudes, don't keep this hidden!

I've been languishing with how Barca handles replies. The solution was not intuitive but found the "blurb" about Quote Bars and now I am much happier! :lol:

I suppose everyone else has Quote Bars figured out; I'm just a bit slow. :oops:

THANK you for a great concept!

P.S. Maybe I've missed it (seems like I miss a lot...) but why not post the address of the "unofficial Poco FAQ" on this website so "newbies" can readily find and refer to it?
pako
Poco Tourist

Re: Quote Bar

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:27 am

Hi pako,
pako wrote:P.S. Maybe I've missed it (seems like I miss a lot...) but why not post the address of the "unofficial Poco FAQ" on this website so "newbies" can readily find and refer to it?
The Quote Bar is mentionned in the Help Contents (F1), do a search in the Index.
The link to the unofficial Poco FAQ has been posted here before.
Use the Search function under Welcome to Poco Forums.

Glad you found this nice feature. :wink:
Eric

Postby pako » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:53 am

The Quote Bar is mentionned in the Help Contents (F1), do a search in the Index.

OK, but one needs to *know* to search for "quote bar!" :?

This is such a NEAT feature :idea: it needs to be touted, not just mentioned rather low on the list of "features!"

I want it to JUMP out and say USE me! :o Not be hidden in the "Help" file...

I am now significantly more HAPPY with Barca now! Does PocoMail also do this? I hadn't used PocoMail too long before trying Barca.
pako
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:56 am

pako wrote:Does PocoMail also do this?
YES :D
Eric

Postby tribble » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:14 pm

Hey, I've been using Poco for a couple years, and Barca since beta. I didn't know this existed! Nice little feature!
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby davidg80 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:21 pm

I have been using Poco for a long time and never knew about this - neat idea.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby J-Mac » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:50 pm

Wow!

I'm really glad I saw this post! I never knew that was there!

I have to agree - this is a great feature that is quietly hiding, just waiting to be found. I would list this feature more prominently.

I do resply to a lot of emails by saying "Comments inline below..." and then I move down and create space everywhere I need to comment after a quoted section, usually having to adjust my font each time.

This makes life so much easier!
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

What button?

Postby noramar » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:22 am

The help file says:

"Quote Bar is activated by pressing the divider button just above the body of the message you are replying to."

What button is this? I just started a reply to try this out, but couldn't locate anything that remotely looked like a button.

Am I missing something?

:cry:
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Re: What button?

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:28 am

noramar wrote:What button is this? I just started a reply to try this out, but couldn't locate anything that remotely looked like a button.
Am I missing something? :cry:
:!: Look for the two triangles between the headers and the body. Tap one of the triangles to open the Quote bar or the dark grey area.

Eric

Postby noramar » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:43 am

Aha!

I almost replied "what triangles?" :?

They're practically invisible, but I finally did see them. They're the same type of triangles you can use to show or hide the preview pane as an alternate to F10 (I use F10).

Thanks!

Nora
:D
noramar
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:51 am

noramar wrote:Thanks!
My pleasure, Nora. :wink:
I've added a picture for others to see, if they don't understand what I wrote down. :P
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To