[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Setup difficulties using zoemail.net email service

Setup difficulties using zoemail.net email service

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Setup difficulties using zoemail.net email service

Postby walt » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:34 pm

Hi poco pocoers:

As you may know, zoemail.net now has POP3 support and trying to get my barca to work successfully
with their system.

I've c & p the following from their setup pg for using their email service (between the ***** marks').

This information will be the same regardless of which mail client you use.

Both Incoming and Outgoing mail server require a secure connection (SSL).

Incoming Mail Server postoffice.zoemail.net
Incoming Mail Port
Outgoing Mail Server smtp.zoemail.net
Outgoing Mail Port 25
Email Address username@zoemail.net
Username/Account Name username@zoemail.net
Password Your ZoEmail account password
NOTE: You must still login to the ZoEmail webmail interface to perform Key Management
functions such as creating address keys for shopping and business cards,
and making changes to existing keys.

simple enough eh? Wish it was.

Can't seem to get it to work properly:

Was able to get some email but then it just stopped working. tried the usual ie reboots, rescan
with antivirus, anti spyware. etc but to no avail.

Help HElp HELp HELP !!

-= Please any help would be greatly appreciated ...even if you have some ideas re this and not actual setup with zoemail =-

ps zoemail is cool service: impossible to get spam...now if only i can get Barca to work w/ it...
Last edited by walt on Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

Let 'er rip...

walt
walt
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:22 pm

In Barca account options, have you checked to enable SSL connections? As well, did you change the incoming mail port number as well?
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Thx Talcangal but no workee

Postby walt » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:35 pm

I really like Barca but remain at a loss as how to get it to work properly.

I've been able to get some e from my server but NO outgoing!!

Could it be related to SSL requirement fo outgoing: note setup tab is for "incoming" only (not "outgoing")
(Outlook 2003 has separate checkbox for one/the other/(or both).

Please help (PocoSystems are you listening (read: viewing)).
I'll gladly purchase Barca if I'm able to get it to work

Have tried new install (see I've read all posts).

Pse make my day and offer your assistance.
--

Let 'er rip...

walt
walt
New Arrival

Postby COD » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:07 am

I had trouble getting Poco 3.1 to work over SSL with the built in SSL feature. It did work fine though with Open SSL - I believe the set up instructions are in the unofficial FAQ.
COD
Resident Poster

Return to Barca Help and How-To