[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Image Attachments Don't Print

Image Attachments Don't Print

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Image Attachments Don't Print

Postby Colin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:23 am

When I print a plain text Email with a jpeg image attachment, the image doesn't print. I get the Email text followed by the file name of the image but no actual image.

I tried PocoMail about a year ago and this was the case then, so I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed by now, or am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to get the image to print?

Colin
Colin
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Image Attachments Don't Print

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:17 am

Hi Colin,
Colin wrote:I get the Email text followed by the file name of the image but no actual image.
That's correct, because the image isn't in the body, but in the attachment pane.
Is there any way to get the image to print?
:idea: I simply open the image by double clicking in the attachment pane with Irfanview, so I can print the image. Opening the image with Irfanview displays the image almost instantly.

I hope this helps! :wink:
Eric

Postby Colin » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:33 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes I realise I can open the image and print it using another program. I have Barca set to view supported attachements in line though, and it would be nice if I could print the email with the attachment following, as it appears on the screen. I can do this with Outlook Express and it's just a bit more conveneint, a few less mouse clicks and you can print the text and image on the same sheet of paper in one go.

Is this likely to be implemented in a future version.

Colin
Colin
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:53 am

Colin wrote:Thank you for your reply.
You're welcome, Colin. :wink:
I have Barca set to view supported attachements in line though, and it would be nice if I could print the email with the attachment following, as it appears on the screen. I can do this with Outlook Express and it's just a bit more conveneint, a few less mouse clicks and you can print the text and image on the same sheet of paper in one go.
You wrote down 'view supported attachments in-line', sp that's only viewing certain image(s). I never used or will use OE, but I agree it's a nice feature.
Is this likely to be implemented in a future version.
Has it ever been entered into Bug Traction as an enhancement?
If not, you could add it yourself, so PSI knows about your wishes.
Be sure to link to this topic!

Bug Traction
1. Go to Bug Traction http://halostatue.ca/bz/bt.cgi?action=login
2. Enter an email address and a password.
3. Choose the "PocoMail" project from the drop-down box.
4. Click "Submit" if you've already registered, otherwise click "Register".

Good luck. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To