[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Diary

Diary

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Diary

Postby craigcamp » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:52 am

I was trying to use my diary. My first opened fine, but when I tried to open the next it only opened an icon in my taskbar. I then clicked several more time and now have a group of diary icons open in my taskbar that will not open with left clicks or open a dialoge box with a right click. They will not go away when I close and restart Barca, I have also restarted my computer. When I shut them down with task manager they close Barca alltogether and then reappear when I restart Barca. When I click on diary in only opens another icon in the taskbar and not a diary window.

Help!
craigcamp
Drop-in Visitor

Postby craigcamp » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:41 pm

OK I got rid of all the open diaries in the taskbar by going to the diary folder of Barca and deleting each diary. However, if I open a diary now the same thing happens - only an icon in the taskbar that does not open or react to right or left clicks.
craigcamp
Drop-in Visitor

Postby craigcamp » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:21 pm

Any ideas from customer support here? It's still a problem. The diary opens a file, but no window. Only a link in the taskbar that does not function. To get rid of it I have to go into the Barca folder and directly delete them.
craigcamp
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:59 pm

Have you been using a two-monitor setup and now reverted to one monitor? It might be that you have opened a diary item on the second screen, which Barca remembers, and then when you open it on a single screen it is actually appearing off screen.

If you bring another application to the front (e.g. your browser while reading this) and then click on the Diary icon in the taskbar (but not the Barca icon), does the application at the front lose the focus? If so, then it suggests that the focus is switching to the diary window, if not then it suggests that the diary window is not responding.

Any ideas from customer support here?

We are not "customer support", we are all volunteers who happen to like helping out other Barca / Poco users. If you want a difinitive answer form Customer Support then you need to contact PSI directly. These forums are all volunteer run and supported.

As a last suggestion for now, Barca keeps the location of the diary window in the Barca.ini file. If you open this with Notepad (with Barca closed) and look for this section
Code: Select all
[DiaryWindow]
Left=1347
Width=414
Top=452
Height=241
you can both check the settings and reset them to something more acceptable if they have drifted out the side.
robin

Postby craigcamp » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:37 pm

Thank you that did the trick. Also apologies as I thought this was the Poco customer service. Your help was most appreciated.
craigcamp
Drop-in Visitor

Postby J-Mac » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:34 pm

Ahh...

Anytime that "Help and How To..." appear in the name, Robin..... :D

"Yesterday I couldn't spell Semi-Official Expert Technical Support Representative, and today I are one!"
J-Mac
J-Mac
Poco Enthusiast

Location: The Great State of Pennsylvania, in the Merry Old Land of Oz!

Postby robin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:08 pm

craigcamp wrote:Thank you that did the trick.
Wow - that was a shot in the dark :shock:

craigcamp wrote:Also apologies as I thought this was the Poco customer service. Your help was most appreciated.
Accepted :D
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To