[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - task bar icon

task bar icon

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

task bar icon

Postby COD » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:57 am

When I have Barca minimized, I frequently get the flashing task bar icon that indicates the softare needs input for something - but 99% of the time, thier is no action required. Not a big deal, but it is annoying.

Anybody else seeing this? If not, any ideas about what is happening on my system (Win XP Pro) to cause it?
COD
Resident Poster

Re: task bar icon

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:49 am

Hi COD,
COD wrote:When I have Barca minimized, I frequently get the flashing task bar icon that indicates the softare needs input for something - but 99% of the time, thier is no action required. Not a big deal, but it is annoying.
:roll: Input for what?
If the icon is flashing, that means there's mail.
Anybody else seeing this? If not, any ideas about what is happening on my system (Win XP Pro) to cause it?
Never seen this before and also use the same OS.
Have you tried cleaning the register and rebooting afterwards?
You can use the following registry cleaners which are free: Crap Cleaner or RegSeeker.
I use them both, together with Registry Mechanic (= not free).
Be sure to take backup before cleaning the registry. Both have a backup facility included.

I hope it can help you. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pete » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:12 am

COD wrote:When I have Barca minimized, I frequently get the flashing task bar icon that indicates the softare needs input for something - but 99% of the time, thier is no action required. Not a big deal, but it is annoying.

I see this with PocoMail on WinXP Home Edition. PocoMail tries to bring itself to the foreground when a download error occurs and (at least in the past) it would also do this sporadically even if an error hadn't occurred.

My opinion is that PocoMail/Barca should never automatically bring themselves to the foreground. Believe it or not, my email and PIM programs are not the most important applications on my system and I think that it's rather egotistical for such programs to interrupt whatever else I'm doing as if I care if a particular timed mail check fails (I don't). :)
Pete

Postby robin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:27 am

Eric wrote:Hi COD,
:roll: Input for what?
If the icon is flashing, that means there's mail.
I understand what COD is talking about here - he doesn't mean the icon in the system tray, but the one on the taskbar which will restore the application if you click on it.

COD - there is one solution that you might like to try - choose "Minimise to system tray" - that means that when it is minimised it doesn't appear in the taskbar at all, only the system tray. This might get around the problem that you are having.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To