[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - More Questions...

More Questions...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

More Questions...

Postby chae » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:10 pm

Right being giving Barca a thrashing this evening and have noticed some other odd things...

When I compressed all mailboxes (previously imported from Eudora 6.2) every now and again I get a Error dialogue box pop up:-

The Application Seems To Be Frozen
Restart - OK

Once I click on OK it just churns away and carries on until the error message appears or it finishes compressing the mailboxes.

Any idea why it maybe crapping out during compression?

Backups????

When I choose say every session the software will backup once I close the program...cool
Now I've had this running for nearly two days with the backup every day option chosen and nothing has happened yet?? Yet I've just closed the program again and the backup has started.

With the "per day" option selected shouldn't the software automatically update whether the programs hidden in the task bar or operating full screen...that's to say automatically with no intervention (if running) every 24 hours...or am I missing something obvious :D
chae
Frequent Visitor

Re: More Questions...

Postby robin » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:13 pm

chae wrote:When I compressed all mailboxes (previously imported from Eudora 6.2) every now and again I get a Error dialogue box pop up:-

The Application Seems To Be Frozen
Restart - OK

Once I click on OK it just churns away and carries on until the error message appears or it finishes compressing the mailboxes.

Any idea why it maybe crapping out during compression?
This is a recognised problem - there should be a resolution in the next release (coming soon, so we're told :D ).

chae wrote:When I choose say every session the software will backup once I close the program...cool
Now I've had this running for nearly two days with the backup every day option chosen and nothing has happened yet?? Yet I've just closed the program again and the backup has started.

With the "per day" option selected shouldn't the software automatically update whether the programs hidden in the task bar or operating full screen...that's to say automatically with no intervention (if running) every 24 hours...or am I missing something obvious :D
I think this is a terminology problem - I understand it to mean that Barca will make a backup when you close it provided you haven't made a backup already that day. I don't think that it means a timed backup which is your (reasonable) interpretation.
robin

Postby chae » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:11 pm

Hi Yah Robin,

Thanks for the reply :D

This is a recognised problem - there should be a resolution in the next release (coming soon, so we're told ).

Cool nice to know it's not just me or my system

I think this is a terminology problem - I understand it to mean that Barca will make a backup when you close it provided you haven't made a backup already that day. I don't think that it means a timed backup which is your (reasonable) interpretation.

Aaahhh - yeah needs to be clarified a bit better then for us mere mortals. Would be nice if it automatically did a backup though, not to worry I'm backing up the folders with my daily backups anyway.

Thanks again
chae
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To