[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca not receiving email text

Barca not receiving email text

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca not receiving email text

Postby myname » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:34 am

Hey all...

My boss finally licensed Barca for him and I on Friday, and he ran into a problem over the weekend. I will describe the problem the best I can.

1) Using Eudora, and email was sent to another person with a Eudora account with some text in the body and an embedded image.

2) The Eudora recipient added some text at the beginning of the email, then forwarded that email (with embedded image) to a third person (who uses Barca). When the Barca person opened the email, all it had was the image attached, no text whatsoever.

I have reproduced the problem, and messed with some of the settings, and I still can't get the text to display.

I am only using the Baysian filters, nother word filters. I tried with all of the "Strip HTML" settings and "Sanitize email" settings on and off. Nothing, no help.

Anyone else ever experience something like this?

--Kevin
myname
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:49 am

What happens if, instead of the third person using PocoMail, they use Eudora. I find it difficult to pin the blame on Barca here since the image has come through OK and in the past reported problems with Barca (or Poco) have tended to centre around the whole message not being received.

Also, if you right-click in the preview pane and choose View Raw Message, what do you see? This should give you a view of the text of the message without rendering any formatting such as HTML.
robin

Postby myname » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:05 am

I checked the "Raw message" in Barca, and did not see the text the user entered in the email anywhere. It may be an issue with Eudora formatting incorrect HTML emails?

I will have then take a look. The test I ran, I checked the email via our web interface and the text was in the email via the web. I tried to check via Eudora, but for some odd reason, with Barca now installed, Eudora does not check my email, it errors out, but that's for a differnet forum, actually, I really don't care about it since Eudora is getting uninstalled soon.

--Kevin
myname
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To