[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - 5 questions about Barca Tasks list

5 questions about Barca Tasks list

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

5 questions about Barca Tasks list

Postby ericlee » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:01 am

I've just begun using Barca as a replacement for my Palm Desktop, after having already moved over to PocoMail.

Here are some questions and suggestions about the Tasks list, which I think is a very important part of any PIM.

1. You can indicate that a task is waiting for someone or something, but how can you separate out these tasks for viewing? This is a very useful construct, particularly for those familiar with David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) system, which has a 'waiting for' category. Right now, I think that only by individually opening up each task and looking at can I see this.

2. The start date should play a role in how things are listed - something I do not want to start working on until next week should not appear on top of my list. Or are items with a start date, any start date, listed before those without one?

3. It would be very useful if the Categories could be changed. As a freelancer with many clients, I would use this to separate out tasks for my various clients -- as I could do in the Palm Desktop, where categories were decided by users. It is less useful for me to have, for example, 'Must attend' as a category.

4. When I tried to print out the list of Tasks, only the first page was printed, on two attempts. I like to print out lists of Tasks every day and work from the printed version, and this doesn't seem possible with Barca.

5. In the display of all tasks, it would be useful to be able to choose which columns are shown (such as whether something has been started, or is waiting on something), and to sort the columns by clicking on their titles.

6. I thought the Focus would work on the Task list, but when I type something there, it looks in my Poco mail files, not at the task list. As I have a very large number of tasks, it would be useful sometimes to find the one I want by using Focus.

Thanks very much.
ericlee
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To