[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - E-mails get sent automatically if spell check cancelled

E-mails get sent automatically if spell check cancelled

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

E-mails get sent automatically if spell check cancelled

Postby StevieW » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:33 pm

Hi, can anyone help? If I write an e-mail in Barca and click on Send it runs the spelling checker which is what I want. However, if I decided I want to edit the e-mail some more, as soon as I click on Cancel in the spelling checker box the e-mail gets automatically sent.

In options I took the tick off the box which says 'Proceed send if spell check cancelled' this then allows me to re-edit the e-mail. Unfortunately, it is then hard to send the e-mail without acknowledging all spelling mistakes. If it is a long e-mail, this can take ages.

All I want Barca to do is... if I cancel a spelling check, to ask me if I want to send the e-mail or not.

Thanks.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby COD » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:03 am

There is a "proceed send on spell check cancel" checkbox in the options I believe you need to uncheck that box as it is on by default.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby StevieW » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:17 am

Yes, I mentioned that in my e-mail. But if I take the tick off, then I cannot send the e-mail unless I allow it to check the whole e-mail. Some of my e-mails are pages long and full of words that the spelling checker does not like. It can take an age to send an e-mail.

I have gone back to my Pocomail, and that works correctly i.e. if I cancel a spelling check it asks if I still want to send the e-mail.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing Barca but still have the same problem. I think there must be an entry somewhere in the registry perhaps.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby davidg80 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:24 am

I have gone back to my Pocomail, and that works correctly i.e. if I cancel a spelling check it asks if I still want to send the e-mail.

Poco does not work like that with me. I have it set to send if I cancel the spelling. Whilst it is spell checking you can click back in the text to change the text, you can also then queue the message or whatever. If you queue it then it will send it anyway and queue it. Cannot see any option to cancel apart from saving it to draft.

If I do not select the send on cancel spelling option then it simply cancels the spelling. I would have thought that Barca would work the same way. Can't check this in Barca as I have not got it set up at present.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby StevieW » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:44 am

Hmmmmm..... strange. My Barca was always asking me if I still wanted to send an e-mail after I had clicked on Cancel but stopped a few days ago. It was about the time I was having problems with trying to make Barca my default e-mail client. Every time I send an e-mail it says Barca is not your default mail client etc. There is another entry in the forum about that problem!

I have tried your idea of just clicking back in the e-mail to edit, but as soon as I click Send or Queue it comes up with an access violation 00404524 error.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby davidg80 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:12 am

I have tried your idea of just clicking back in the e-mail to edit, but as soon as I click Send or Queue it comes up with an access violation 00404524 error.

I would suspect you have something wrong with your install. I have just tried it in Barca and I have no email setup, but I was still able to do what I did in Poco.

The general story seems to be to do a clean re-install.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby StevieW » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:15 am

Tried that, even went through the registry removing all entries for Barca but still get the problem :(

I thought a clean install might solve my cancelled spelling checker problem but no luck.

I have e-mailed Barca Support so they might have a suggestion. I think there is some registry entry which might control this, but I could be wrong.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby StevieW » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:32 am

I have just run Pocomail, written an e-mail, cancelled the spelling checker and Pocomail has asked if I still want to send the e-mail. In this window there is a small tick box which says don't ask me this question again. If you put a tick in the box then the window obviously will not appear again. The question is, where do you go to get this window to re-appear again? It must be held in the registry I guess.

Anyone know?

Many thanks.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby davidg80 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:55 am

where do you go to get this window to re-appear again? It must be held in the registry I guess.

Just sussed it. Look in the poco.ini file which should be in the Pocomail program file. Make sure Poco is closed first. Open the ini file in notepad and search for 'ask'. It is probably set at 0, change it to 1 and the dialogue will re-appear as if by magic <g>.

I would imagine the same applies to Barca.

Should add that you have to save the ini file before starting Poco again and also make a backup of the ini file before you do anything to it. You probably knew that anyway.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby StevieW » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:36 am

Hi David...

You are right in what you say but.....when I change the .ini file from 0 to 1, then cancel a spelling check the window which appears is correctly titled i.e. 'Spell check canceled' but the wording inside the window is actually wrong. It says that Barca is not your default mailer do you want to make it the default. If you say no, then it takes you back to edit mode in your e-mail. So, your suggestion is right, but the words are wrong. I wonder if this relates to a previously mentioned problem about Barca not being the default e-mail client.

Many thanks for all your efforts and time, at least if I ignore the wording Barca now behaves as I want it to.
StevieW
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:25 pm

StevieW wrote:It must be held in the registry I guess.
Barca (and PocoMail) hold almost nothing in the registry - it is all done with .ini files. I consider this to be one of its strengths.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To