[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Custom Fields in Address Book

Custom Fields in Address Book

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Custom Fields in Address Book

Postby craigcamp » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:40 am

The use of catagories in Outlook can be partially replaced by creating different address books with sub-groups. The custom fields offer the next step in managing contacts. Is it best to set these fields as static values or can you make as many as you want?

I would be interested (and appreciative) to know how others are making best use of this feature.
craigcamp
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 am

I am using custom fields within Poco to store all sorts of information, in fact I wish I had more custom fields. I track the last time I sent a vcf file to someone, the mailbox in which their messages are stored, alternate names for the individual (used in spam filtering to help avoid false positives), to store the person/people who take over from someone who has retired, etc.
Michael

Postby COD » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:50 am

I would use them a lot more if I could import data directly into them. They don't seem to be accessible when importing a CSV file though.

Can the add to address book 3 script be modified to search all address books - and not just the active one? It is a bit frustrating to have the script pop up and ask if I want to add a contact to address book X - forcing me to think if that contact is in another address book, because I do use multiple address books as a substitute for the inability to categorize contacts.
COD
Resident Poster

Return to Barca Help and How-To