[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - email send problems

email send problems

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

email send problems

Postby secretagentgel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:58 am

first i was getting this error:

554 <secretagentgel@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied

and when digging thru options i realized i probably needed to turn on authentication, like it was in eudora where it worked.

now im getting this error:

501 Error: malformed authentication response

i know my log in info is correct, and i've tried all three kinds of authentication. any ideas what im missing?

what's the difference between the authentication under general options and those under each account?

thanks,

corey
secretagentgel
Drop-in Visitor

Postby robin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:00 am

Hi Corey

The difference between the SMTP information in General Options and Accounts is that the General one is used *if* an SMTP server is not specified for an account.

To address your problem, can I suggest as a first step that you delete the current information totally and re-enter it - just to make sure? There is not a general problem with Barca in this respect.
robin

first step

Postby secretagentgel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:52 am

not a bad idea. ive cleared out all the data for each account plus the in the "options" dialog. then i reentered the info. no luck. ive emailed my email providers.

thanks,

corey
secretagentgel
Drop-in Visitor

Re: first step

Postby Kaigan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:52 pm

secretagentgel wrote:not a bad idea. ive cleared out all the data for each account plus the in the "options" dialog. then i reentered the info. no luck. ive emailed my email providers.

Don't use the standard smtp port. Sounds like your ISP has it blocked for domains other than its own. Try using port 26 or another at the end of your smtp server configuration. That is, put ":26" (without quotes) at the end of your smtp server info in account setup.

Peter
Kaigan
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To