[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Outlook Import Problems

Outlook Import Problems

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Outlook Import Problems

Postby peterb » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:31 pm

Am unable to import any files from Outlook. PO Import program comes up with access violation warnings whenever I run it. Any ideas?

Edited by Robin: I've changed the title of the thread to better represent the content.
peterb
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:25 pm

You can take a look here http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ht=outlook and see if it works for you.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Outlook Problems

Postby peterb » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:18 pm

I downloaded the Barca software [file: barcasetup.exe dated July 10, 2004] to evaluate replacing Outlook 2002 that we currently use. I then downloaded poimport-1.0-setup.exe to import my Outlook files. On attempting to import my Contacts files from Outlook I received the following error: "Failed to create Outlook instance" when I went to browse for my Outlook .pst files. I also received a windows access violation message. This computer runs XP Pro and Outlook 2002.
I then attempted to import my email messages using POImport and it spent a long time importing, but I cannot as yet find the files anywhere in Barca software.
So I then installed Barca and POImport software on my HP laptop [running XP Home and Office XP], tried to import the Contacts via my network and received the same messages. [Access violation at address 004A2E17 in module ‘poimport.exe’. Write of address 0000001C] This was on the Laptop and was similar to the messages on the PC, but different addresses.
Is it because I am only using the evaluation version [1.0.0.700]? [although the file dates appear the same]. If so, how can I test?
I like the look of the program but need to be able to import.
A couple more questions: Can the program also run on PDA’s [CE or Palm ?], and can files be synchronised computer to computer and/or computer to PDA using the software or do I need to use third party software?
peterb
New Arrival

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:34 pm

Peterb,

Regarding POImport, please keep the following in mind:
a. If you have not done so, please read the help file before proceeding
b. Make sure neither Barca nor Oulook is running at the time of the import
c. You must specify the source and destination folders. The destination folder should be the Mail directory under the Barca folder or the custom Mail directory if you use custom locations for Barca folders.
d. The imported messages and the associated directory structure will be stored under the destination folder that you specify; which should be under Barca's Mail directory.
e. Try importing messages and contacts separately.

Synchronization of PDA with Barca is in development and is scheduled to be included in the ongoing Barca 1.1 beta. Thanks.
Jim

Outlook Problems

Postby peterb » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:41 pm

Jim:
Thanks for your post. However I did study the help files and there was nothing in there relevant to my problem. I am only trying to import either contacts or mail at one time, not both. And I had both Barca and Outlook closed. With both programs closed I cant even get to your step c. The first message that come is up is "Failed to create Outlook instance" When you close this the program starts but you cannot browse to the Outlook folders. If you go Next the Access violation message comes up. However, I tried with Outlook open as a 'last resort' and found I could browse to the required folder and it tried to import, but before the progress bar finishes the Access violation message appears again and the program locks up. If I leave Outlook open and browse to the Contacts folder and then close Outlook the program gets about half way through, the Access violation comes up and then a message comes up saying "The RPC server is unavailable". Once the Access voilation error has come up the only way to close POImport is from the Task Manager.

I appreciate your help, but am unable to make it work as yet. We sell a lot of systems and am hoping this is a program we can offer to our clients as an alternative to Outlook.
peterb
New Arrival

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:02 am

Peterb,

Please contact us via Support AT pocomail DOT com for further assitance. Thanks,
Jim

Outlook Problems

Postby peterb » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:55 pm

I think I have resolved the problem running POImport. On both computers that I tried I am running Spybot 1.3 with the Tea Timer add on. Although it [Spybot Tea Timer] never came up with any error messages, I disabled Spybot, Tea Timer and AVG 6 and then POImport worked successfully. I havent tested specifically which one, but strongly suspect it was the Tea Timer program rather than Spybot or AVG. If anyone really needs to know I can try them individually.
Peter
peterb
New Arrival

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:26 pm

Thanks for updating us.
Jim

"Failed to create Outlook instance"

Postby gorelick » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:46 pm

I too am getting the same errors as PeterB! Whenever I try to do anything I get "Failed to create Outlook instance" and each tick box shows a seperate access violation code, ex 004A336F, 004A3403, 004A33e7. I actually have to do through windows task manager to sut down the program. I do not have any of the described programs as listed above...any suggestions??

Cheers,
Mark
gorelick
New Arrival

Re: "Failed to create Outlook instance"

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:46 pm

Hi Mark & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
gorelick wrote:I do not have any of the described programs as listed above...any suggestions??
Are there any other programs running? You could perhaps kill the processes one by one and repeat the steps of importing to find the program which is interfering.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To