[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Inbox.com smtp configuration

Inbox.com smtp configuration

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Inbox.com smtp configuration

Postby MonBidoux » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:08 am

Anyone have the configuration setup for Inbox.com account ?

POP config. is fine, it's the SMTP one that i can't figure out.
Their website help file doesn't give the specifics for BARCA (the others don't seem to work) so i was hoping that someone here might have it before i go knock on Inbox's door.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby robin » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:41 pm

If a mail-provider doesn't give any SMTP details, it is often because they don't provide an outgoing SMTP service - you have to use the one provided by your ISP that provides your broadband connection.
robin

Postby mcrain » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:58 am

This works for me.

Outgoing Server = my.inbox.com
Use Authentication = yes, configure your username and password.
Authentication Type = Login

Note that a tag line advertisement will be added to the bottom of your outgoing messages and a copy of your sent messages will be stored in your 'Sent' folder on the Inbox.com server.

mcrain
Resident Poster

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:16 am

Mcrain,

It could be a beta problem.

The "use same username/password for Outgoing server" part is not sticking. I deleted the account and reinstalled with same config as you so well illustrated but it won't "stick".
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mcrain » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:35 am

I am using the most recemt beta and do not see that as a problem.

You could try to configure this in a different way. Leave the "use same username/password for Outgoing server" selection un-checked and explicitly manually set the same values on the "Outgoing" page as shown in the second image.
mcrain
Resident Poster

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:12 am

Mcrain,

Have tried "plain, login and cram", none of these work.
Port? Have tried 25, 26 and 587.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 am

What for an error do you get?
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:23 pm

Tomas wrote:What for an error do you get?

"socket error #10061 connection refused"
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mcrain » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:32 pm

MonBidoux wrote:Have tried "plain, login and cram", none of these work.

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. I have my Inbox.com account configured as described above and get no errors. Sending and receiving just fine.
mcrain
Resident Poster

Postby MonBidoux » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 pm

mcrain wrote:
MonBidoux wrote:Have tried "plain, login and cram", none of these work.

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. I have my Inbox.com account configured as described above and get no errors. Sending and receiving just fine.

Oh well. We tried!
Reminds me of a friend who tried to configure his Yahoo.ca with OE.
Mine worked just fine but his would simply not work.

Thanks for lending a helping hand Mcrain and Thomas! :wink:
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Try to search 10061 and apply the solutions found.

On a quick note, this has in some cases been solved by
- just a reboot (rare)
- switch off antivirus to find if it's a cause
- allow Barca in your firewall
- turn off SSL
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:18 am

Tomas wrote:Try to search 10061 and apply the solutions found.

On a quick note, this has in some cases been solved by
- just a reboot (rare)
- switch off antivirus to find if it's a cause
- allow Barca in your firewall
- turn off SSL

Sorry Thomas, i'm not a geek and don't really know what 10061 stands for.

-did a reboot (no go);
-switched off AV (no go);
-unplugged FW (no go);
-turned off SSL (still no go);
-tried using Thunderbird with configuration provided by Inbox help (still no go). Now that's bad news for an email service that claims certain things!

Switching to LaPoste.net!
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby DanG » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:32 am

The user name for a login type smtp usually has to be the full version. eg username@inbox.com, not just username. Also for some reason my mail provider likes the outgoing port to be 2525 Maybe try that. Regards, Dan :)
DanG
Drop-in Visitor

Postby MonBidoux » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:34 am

DanG wrote:The user name for a login type smtp usually has to be the full version. eg username@inbox.com, not just username. Also for some reason my mail provider likes the outgoing port to be 2525 Maybe try that. Regards, Dan :)

Thanks Dan.

Having same problems with La Poste now.
Did try 2525 and username full or abridged too!

I have GMail, Bluebottle and Fastmail accounts working fine.
Tried to emulate their configurations but none work for La Poste or Inbox (with regards to smtp of course).

Your patience wears thin after a while as you have other things to do in life if you know what i mean.
MonBidoux
Poco Enthusiast

Postby mcrain » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:39 am

DanG wrote:The user name for a login type smtp usually has to be the full version. eg username@inbox.com, not just username. Also for some reason my mail provider likes the outgoing port to be 2525 Maybe try that. Regards, Dan :)

I have tested my account with both full email address as user name and with username only. In my case it works either way. Also using standard smtp port 25.
mcrain
Resident Poster

Next

Return to Barca Help and How-To