[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca enhancement? - projects

Barca enhancement? - projects

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca enhancement? - projects

Postby robin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:17 pm

I am self employed. To help manage the day-to-day tasks, diary entries and messages I would like to see a way of organising all these into (for want of a better word) projects - or virtual folders. Each "project" would contain links to tasks, diary entries and messages so that I have at my fingertips all the entries for that "project".
robin

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:42 am

Interesting enhancement request, Robin. :)

:idea: Maybe something like this:

Project 1 (virtual folder)
- mail
- tasks
- diary
- notes
- contacts

Cross-linked by keyword of the project perhaps, so if you assign this keyword to mails (by filter), tasks, ... it's duplicated into this virtual folder. A bit like the link in New Mail.

If for example you select a contact in Project 1, it displays every information for that contact within this project into another temporary virtual folder.

Just brainstorming on your suggestion, but I like the idea behind it. :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:56 am

Yes, something like that; but I'd be as happy with something simpler - maybe where I can drag a message, event, diary item or contact to the virtual folder or sub-folder and a link to it is created. To be even more useful, maybe it can be set up to contain links to related files as well. Now Barca is becoming a real work organiser.
robin

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:18 am

This is something we have designed and plan to implement. It is effectively part of our vision for Barca, but we cannot add those functions in less than two months after the first release.
Jim

Postby COD » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:37 am

That's no excuse Jim, we want features and we want them now!!! :lol:
COD
Resident Poster

Postby tribble » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:13 am

slow pokes!
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:27 am

Jim wrote:This is something we have designed and plan to implement. It is effectively part of our vision for Barca, but we cannot add those functions in less than two months after the first release.
...nor was I asking you to, just registering an idea for consideration, but it appears that you have been there before. I shall posses my soul.......
robin

Postby Joris Vincken » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:29 pm

How is the development of this feature going?

I am considering Barca and this would definatly help my desicision :)

Also, will the new version only include Palm sync? I'm using windows mobile and would like to sync with it.
Joris Vincken
New Arrival

Postby bareges » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:12 am

Robin,

Neat idea that would make Barca a truly useful tool............Glad to see that PSI are already well tuned in!

Regards

Charles
Kind Regards
Charles
bareges
Frequent Visitor

Postby moleboy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:09 pm

Eric - totally agree with your thinking there.

Eric wrote:Interesting enhancement request, Robin. :)

:idea: Maybe something like this:

Project 1 (virtual folder)
- mail
- tasks
- diary
- notes
- contacts

Cross-linked by keyword of the project perhaps, so if you assign this keyword to mails (by filter), tasks, ... it's duplicated into this virtual folder. A bit like the link in New Mail.

If for example you select a contact in Project 1, it displays every information for that contact within this project into another temporary virtual folder.

Just brainstorming on your suggestion, but I like the idea behind it. :wink:
moleboy
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:14 am

moleboy wrote:Eric - totally agree with your thinking there.
Thank you very much. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To