[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - 3 questions

3 questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

3 questions

Postby Larry » Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 am

I'm testing out Barca and have three questions.
1. Any way to not have the leading icon on the calendar appointments?
2. It appears that I can change the color of the appointment font but it doesn't show the color in the calendar.
3. I tried importing my Poco.ini for the accounts but only the one account I set up in Barca and the other 2 accounts didn't carry over.

Thanks,
Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Re: 3 questions

Postby Eric » Thu May 10, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi Larry,
Larry wrote:I'm testing out Barca and have three questions..
Can't respond to 1 & 2, but will do it later when at home.
As far as I know the color does show up in the Calendar or do you mean something else :?:
I tried importing my Poco.ini for the accounts but only the one account I set up in Barca and the other 2 accounts didn't carry over.
Your accounts aren't stored in poco.ini, but in accounts.ini.
Close Barca first and copy that file over.
Restart afterwards and your accounts will be present. :)
Eric

Re: 3 questions

Postby Eric » Thu May 10, 2007 11:54 pm

Larry wrote:1. Any way to not have the leading icon on the calendar appointments?
I guess I'm not understanding your question quite well. :?
Do you mean the blank zone preceeding the appointment?
If you put in an alarm or insert a recurring event, then that blank zone will be filled.
Agreed, it would be better to not show that blank zone.
2. It appears that I can change the color of the appointment font but it doesn't show the color in the calendar.
Seems to work here just fine, although All day events won't allow color.
It works for color on the appointment and the font used. :)

Eric

Postby Larry » Fri May 11, 2007 7:33 am

Thanks Eric,
The leading icon would be the Type (Call, ToDo,Apt).

Thanks for he help on the color. I was looking for colored text in the Monthly calendar view.

I'd love to dump Outlook but there are some thing I do like about it. I use PM for mail so Outlook is basically for appointments, to-do's, and contact addresses. I also like layout of Outlook's contacts.

I haven't worked enough with Barca yet and was trying to focus on the Calendar and Tasks. I already know how good the email part is. :)

Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Fri May 11, 2007 8:12 am

Larry wrote:Thanks Eric,
The leading icon would be the Type (Call, ToDo,Apt).
You're welcome Larry. ;)
We can't change those icons, but perhaps it will be possible in a future version.
Thanks for he help on the color. I was looking for colored text in the Monthly calendar view.
My pleasure.
In the Monthly calendar you won't see any color, only the default leading icons.
Love color though, because it makes it more clear for certain appointments, tasks. :)
I'd love to dump Outlook but there are some thing I do like about it. I use PM for mail so Outlook is basically for appointments, to-do's, and contact addresses. I also like layout of Outlook's contacts.
That's something I'll discover on May, 18th, when our ICT will introduce Outlook 2003 to us, replacing Eudora. :?
I haven't worked enough with Barca yet and was trying to focus on the Calendar and Tasks. I already know how good the email part is. :)
I like Barca a lot, although it isn't perfect yet. The email part is very good.
We can't have it all in one day, so we'll have to wait for the next release/upgrade.

Have fun discovering the possibilities/features. ;)
Eric

Category Color

Postby MrsQuack77 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:22 am

Am I correct in assuming that an appointment will not show color if it's scheduled as an ALL DAY event? I changed an appt with a time and the color shows up.

If there's an update I'm missing it would be a great thing for birthday and other recurring events that don't have a specific time.
MrsQuack77
New Arrival

Re: Category Color

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 am

Hi MrsQuack77 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
MrsQuack77 wrote:Am I correct in assuming that an appointment will not show color if it's scheduled as an ALL DAY event? I changed an appt with a time and the color shows up.
Yes, you're quite correct.
If there's an update I'm missing it would be a great thing for birthday and other recurring events that don't have a specific time.
We'll have to wait until the next major update to see what's new.
Sorry, for now it won't show in color. :?
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To