[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Untimed Calendar Items

Untimed Calendar Items

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Untimed Calendar Items

Postby COD » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 am

Is there a way to add an untimed calendar item? I like to put stuff on my calendar that needs to be done on a certain day - Outlook would list those items at the top of the day, with no time indicated. I'm not seeing a way to do it with Barca. Am I missing something obvious?

I can always make it 5 minute appt as a workaround, but its helpful to segregate them from the timed appointments.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:36 am

It's called a task, but then it won't appear on your calendar, only in the Today page and the task list. At the moment Barca can't do what you want.

Perhaps an enhancement would be for tasks to be shown in the calendar?
robin

Postby COD » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:21 am

I wouldn't want to see all tasks in the calendar though. The way I organize - anything that has to be done on a specific day goes into the calendar - stuff that needs to be done but not on a specific day, goes into the task list.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:45 am

What you are suggesting makes a lot of sense, but I think that you'll have to wait for this to make it into the enhancements, COD. Barca is after all still in its infancy.
robin

Postby tallcangal » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:58 am

This may not be exactly what you want to do either, but as a temporary workaround to have it show at the top of your calendar is to set it as an all day event. By doing this, well, of course there is no time; secondly, it is on the top of the calendar.

Just a thought.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby COD » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 am

Bingo - that does work. For some reason, I thought I had tried that and all day events blocked out all day - making it difficult to add anything else to the day. That is not the case. All day events simpily show up on top - like I want.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby tallcangal » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:30 am

:D Glad to have helped.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To