[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca and Vista and the dreaded mailto link

Barca and Vista and the dreaded mailto link

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca and Vista and the dreaded mailto link

Postby austenlen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:10 am

Yes. I made the mistake and switched across to Vista.

I need to change the mailto: link to recognise Barca.

I did the usual Vista things but Barca is not in any of the sections that allows me to switch it on as default.

There is only a choice of Windows Mail or Outlook.

help!... please.

I just installed the latest update to Barca.... no joy.
austenlen
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca and Vista and the dreaded mailto link

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:49 am

austenlen wrote:I did the usual Vista things but Barca is not in any of the sections that allows me to switch it on as default.
:!: Close Barca and select the Barca icon.
Right-click and choose Properties > Compatibilty tab.
Check the box to run as Administrator and press OK.

Run Barca now and make it your default.
Close again and uncheck the box in Properties ...

Or from my post in the beta section:
Actually, you can get the old Windows XP style File Associations dialog. It took me forever to find this out. It's actually quite simple.

Just go to Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Associate filetype or protocol with a program

You can also use "Set your default programs" to change some of the main programs.

Here's an example on my system:

Hope that helps changing the Mailto :wink:
Eric

Postby DanG » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi Guys, I'm having trouble with the mailto function also. I have set Barca as default but on several programs I have tried it won't pick-up and I get an error message. I tried Eric's fix but when I opened the compatibility tab there was no administrator selection available. I am the administrator as it's my program and mine is the only account! When I select as default it is acknowledged in the selection button. Sorry to say this but I have selected OE as my default so that I can easily send images from my picture processing program. It works fine with OE (Picture program is FastStone. Brilliant free for personal-use image viewer etc) Regards to all, DanG :)
DanG
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi Dan,
DanG wrote:Hi Guys, I'm having trouble with the mailto function also. I have set Barca as default but on several programs I have tried it won't pick-up and I get an error message. I tried Eric's fix but when I opened the compatibility tab there was no administrator selection available.
:!: Did you try the other way around this problem as described in my screenshot > File Associations?

What happens if you go to Start > Programs, select Barca, right-click on it and Select Properties. Do you see the Compatibility tab and the Administrator checkbox?
I am the administrator as it's my program and mine is the only account! When I select as default it is acknowledged in the selection button.
Of course it's acknowledged when pressing the button inside Barca, but Vista's UAC won't allow the change until you run Barca in Administrator mode. :?
It works fine with OE (Picture program is FastStone. Brilliant free for personal-use image viewer etc)
Indeed, nice program. I've made a donation some time ago and got a lifetime license in return. 8)
Eric

Forgot something

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:58 pm

DanG wrote:Sorry to say this but I have selected OE as my default so that I can easily send images from my picture processing program.
Yep, Barca doesn't use MAPI, so that won't work.
You'll have to attach them to your messages instead. :)
Eric

Postby DanG » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Thanks Eric for the explanation about mapi. I'll leave OE hooked up as it is just for the convenience with the image mailing. Barca is my life management program whether it's selected as default or not! FastStone I downloaded yesterday. Four programs in all. I like them very much so will make a donation although all the programs are fully functional but are for my personal use only. Regards, DanG :)
DanG
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:25 pm

DanG wrote:Thanks Eric for the explanation about mapi.
You're welcome Dan. ;)
I'll leave OE hooked up as it is just for the convenience with the image mailing. Barca is my life management program whether it's selected as default or not!
Did my suggestions help to make Barca default?
For now you'll have to use OE, until something changes within the next major upgrade. No promise, since I don't know anything about the plans on this build. :?
FastStone I downloaded yesterday. Four programs in all. I like them very much so will make a donation although all the programs are fully functional but are for my personal use only.
FastStone Capture isn't free anymore since version 5.4. The rest is free for personal use, so if you want to make a donation you're free to do so or not. :)

Anyhow enjoy playing with it and have a great weekend. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To