[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - OK maybe I am crazy or dont know vista well enough, HELP

OK maybe I am crazy or dont know vista well enough, HELP

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

OK maybe I am crazy or dont know vista well enough, HELP

Postby woody » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 am

Hey guys, I just bought barca, what a great app. :)

My simple problem is this, I look in my c drive, under program files and then barca2, there is no skins directory anywhere. I want to use a new one I downloaded, what am I missing here?

Thanks

Woody
woody
Drop-in Visitor

Re: OK maybe I am crazy or dont know vista well enough, HELP

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 am

Hi Woody & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
woody wrote:Hey guys, I just bought barca, what a great app. :)
Glad you like it. :)
My simple problem is this, I look in my c drive, under program files and then barca2, there is no skins directory anywhere. I want to use a new one I downloaded, what am I missing here?
:!: Have a look under C:\Users\your Username\AppData\Roaming\Barca\Skins.

Vista doesn't allow writing to Program files, so that's why it changed. You'll have to save your skin there in order to be able to use it.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby woody » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:02 am

Eric wrote:Hi Woody & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
woody wrote:Hey guys, I just bought barca, what a great app. :)
Glad you like it. :)
:!: Have a look under C:\Users\your Username\AppData\Roaming\Barca\Skins.

Vista doesn't allow writing to Program files, so that's why it changed. You'll have to save your skin there in order to be able to use it.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric, I went where you said but stopped after my username there is no appdata directory? :cry:
woody
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:10 am

woody wrote:Eric, I went where you said but stopped after my username there is no appdata directory? :cry:
How do you view them? With Explorer?

:!: Is it set to show hidden directories/system files too?
I may be wrong, since I'm still learning about Vista too on my laptop. :?

There's no other directory within your username, like Application Data (link to AppData).
Eric

Postby woody » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:21 am

Yep I found it now, I added Mutt to the skins folder but all it did when selected was change the colors, what about the icons?

Thanks
woody
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:33 am

woody wrote:Yep I found it now, I added Mutt to the skins folder but all it did when selected was change the colors, what about the icons?
Ah, nice to know you found it.
Quite an adventure to explore Vista. It will take some time to get used to it. :)

When you select Change Pane Layout, choose Toolbar and check 'Display skin's toolbar' and press Apply. Now those icons will change. 8)

Eric

Postby woody » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:41 am

Perfect, got it working bud, thanks so much

:D
woody
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 am

My pleasure Woody. :wink:

Have fun with Barca and if you've other questions, look around or if not found, start a new topic.

See you around. :)
Eric

Postby woody » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:59 am

Eric wrote:My pleasure Woody. :wink:

Have fun with Barca and if you've other questions, look around or if not found, start a new topic.

See you around. :)

Thanks again, On a related note, I have been playing with poco/barca for the last 24 hours and cant believe the range of functions versus the cost, 39-59 dollars is ridiculously cheap.

I have been on a 2 day mission for new email client since thunderbird has went corrupt on me 2 times already, enought of that nonsense. Thanks alot eric.

Woody
woody
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:29 pm

woody wrote:Thanks again, On a related note, I have been playing with poco/barca for the last 24 hours and cant believe the range of functions versus the cost, 39-59 dollars is ridiculously cheap.
I agree, the price is relatively cheap for what you're getting. :)
I have been on a 2 day mission for new email client since thunderbird has went corrupt on me 2 times already, enought of that nonsense.
I've encountered some other users who are experiencing exactly the same since the last update. :?
Thanks alot eric.
The pleasure's all mine Woody. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To