[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca Calendar ftp trouble...

Barca Calendar ftp trouble...

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca Calendar ftp trouble...

Postby Pieter » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm

Heya all!

I am trying to get Barca to export/sync my Calendar on a website. What I more or less expected is to see my calendar as I see it myself in the Barca application.

My day view in Barca

My settings:

Now the only thing I will see on the website is a page called "Remote 1.htm". Note: A space in a file name isnt platform friendly ;-)
As you see Only one appointment is visible...

Now a picture of my ftp session:
Left is the "barca folder and right the ftp folder:
You can see that the "public.htm" in the folder is 7k and has all appointments in it (as I expected to see in my ftp too) but the remote 1.htm contains only one appointment (as shown).

Do I want/expect more then is possible at this moment?
Is it possible to see my normall dayview as html on the website?

I tried so many times with different kinda settings that I am a bit confused about what I should have checked or not... :-)

Thnx in advance!
Pieter
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Barca Calendar ftp trouble...

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:50 am

Dag Pieter & welkom op het Poco Forum, :D
Pieter wrote:Do I want/expect more then is possible at this moment?
Is it possible to see my normall dayview as html on the website?
Don't know, since I haven't tried it yet. :?
I tried so many times with different kinda settings that I am a bit confused about what I should have checked or not... :-)
It won't be today to try it out on my machine, but will give it a shot tomorrow.
I'll let you know my findings.

:!: You could also contact the Poco Systems Helpdesk to help you further with your problem and/or ask if it's possible or not.

Till soon & sorry for replying late to your post. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pieter » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:22 pm

No problem!

Thanx for a response!
Will be going on vacation for a few days so take your time!
Pieter
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:24 am

Sorry for the long delay Pieter. :?

Anyhow data from the Planner aren't taken over on the remote Calendar or perhaps I'm missing something. :?

Will post some screenshots by the end of this week.
Here's a preview (link removed) of my remote calendar, which may change as I test it further. :lol:

Till soon and I hope you had a great vacation. :wink:
Last edited by Eric on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Postby Pieter » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Yeah thats what I expected to see indeed..
a full filled calendar.

I see that show up in the "folder" on the machine itself but it doesnt arive at the FTP folder.

Is it possible to enable some debug settings so can see what the response from the FTP is?

And thnx we had a great time indeed!
Pieter
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:14 am

Hi again Pieter,
Pieter wrote:Yeah thats what I expected to see indeed..
a full filled calendar.

I see that show up in the "folder" on the machine itself but it doesnt arive at the FTP folder.
Here are my findings on working with this remote calendar.
Also made some screenshots to make it easier. :)

1. First my Options as how these are set

2. Here's my Calendar view

Notice the dropdown menu above.
The first is the Main Calendar, so anything I change there won't be reflected on the server.

If I selected the blank one, all changes there will be ported over to my remote calendar.
I wonder why there isn't a name present as to indicate which calendar you're selecting. Quite confusing if it's blank. :?

3. Manage Calendar

And here when I edit the remote calendar.

4. Finally the view between local and remote

As you'll notice, it's exactly the same. :D

I'm a bit puzzled why it won't work for you, since it works here just fine. :cry:
Birthday, planner entries aren't present in the remote calendar.
Also for tasks I would like to see the starting date too, a bit in the same way as it's displayed in the calendar.
Is it possible to enable some debug settings so can see what the response from the FTP is?
Have a look at Managing the log, although I think WireShark would give you better view of the problem you're experiencing, if there's one.
Never tried the debug mode, so I don't know what it will give.
And thnx we had a great time indeed!
:D It all goes so fast. Tijd vliegt voorbij tijdens je vakantie.

My vacation is starting next week, so I'll be 5 weeks at home. I hope the weather will play along, since it's been pouring here all day. :(

Nice to have a great vacation with your family.

Welll, that's it, so let me know if you do find where it goes wrong.

Till soon. :wink:
Eric

Postby Pieter » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:47 am

aha ok, well I didnt see the "blank" in the drop down menu. And indeed they should give it the name "remote calendar" or shared calender on that meny item. :D

And if I am correct I am not able to "port" my main calendar to a remote location but I should work in the "remote/blank" calendar option as calendar to make it the same remote and on my local machine... (ehhh does that sentence make sense?).

I'm a bit puzzled why it won't work for you, since it works here just fine. :cry:
Birthday, planner entries aren't present in the remote calendar.
Also for tasks I would like to see the starting date too, a bit in the same way as it's displayed in the calendar.

Well I think I expected to see the whole calender as I seen it in my screen (the main one). But I can work (if needed) on the remote calendar :-).

And yes I really hope we can have tasks & planner exact as we see it in the today view on our computer..

btw: Totalcommander Rocks! :wink:

Hope you have a great and dry vacation :-)

Type and read you later...
Pieter
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:35 am

Pieter wrote:aha ok, well I didnt see the "blank" in the drop down menu. And indeed they should give it the name "remote calendar" or shared calender on that meny item. :D
Indeed, it's easily missed if it doesn't have a name. :?
And if I am correct I am not able to "port" my main calendar to a remote location but I should work in the "remote/blank" calendar option as calendar to make it the same remote and on my local machine... (ehhh does that sentence make sense?).
It does make sense, and yes, you should work on the remote calendar since the Main Calendar is only local.
Well I think I expected to see the whole calender as I seen it in my screen (the main one). But I can work (if needed) on the remote calendar :-).
No, it doesn't work that way, although you would expect it too.
Only the remote calendar will transfer data over. :)
And yes I really hope we can have tasks & planner exact as we see it in the today view on our computer..
Me too, that would really be great. 8)
btw: Totalcommander Rocks! :wink:
It sure does. Bought it once long ago and never did find anything to replace it. It does the job really well, never had to pay for an upgrade and it works on Vista. :D
Hope you have a great and dry vacation :-)
Thanks, hope so too. :roll: :lol:

Let me know if the remote worked this time. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To