[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - custom fields in GROUPS

custom fields in GROUPS

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

custom fields in GROUPS

Postby pintu76 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:35 pm

hi,

I am not able to understand the function of the custom fields in the edit group window.
i've tried to fill them but can't see appearing anyware...
what I hoped was to customize my fields... in the edit contact window...

thanks for your answer.

best,

d.
pintu76
New Arrival

Re: custom fields in GROUPS

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi pintu76 & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pintu76 wrote:I am not able to understand the function of the custom fields in the edit group window.
Those are custom fields which you can use the way you like it. :)

First fill the description of that field and next you'll fill in the data.
i've tried to fill them but can't see appearing anyware...
what I hoped was to customize my fields... in the edit contact window...
Yes, they do appear when clicking on a contact within Contacts. You don't need the Edit the contact to see those fields or anything else. 8)

:!: Also you can use the Focus to search for the data within those custom fields.

In Groups you won't see them, but you can search on them.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby pintu76 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:18 am

hi Eric,
and thanks for your reply!

that was not what I really meant to ask. I understand the function you're talking about. but I still don't get that:
when you create a new group, than you edit it and you have 2 tabs:
Group
Custom

I tried to fill the Custom tab with filed description and field content, but can't see them showing up anywhere. I was hoping that once filled those entries you find them in the custom form for each new contact you add to that group...
but it seems to not work like that. and can't understand so why you have this possibility to fill this custom tab in the main group edit window... hope to have been more clear-

thanks!

daniele
pintu76
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:30 am

Hi Daniele,
pintu76 wrote:I tried to fill the Custom tab with filed description and field content, but can't see them showing up anywhere. I was hoping that once filled those entries you find them in the custom form for each new contact you add to that group...
but it seems to not work like that. and can't understand so why you have this possibility to fill this custom tab in the main group edit window... hope to have been more clear
There's no way to show those custom fields in Groups, unless you edit them.
It's only meant for the group and not for the contacts you add to that group. :?

Other then that, I really don't know.

My apologies for misunderstanding your post. :oops: :wink:
Eric

Postby pintu76 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 am

oh... ok, I see...
so maybe that's a suggestion for an upgrade.
thanks,
have a good day,
d.
pintu76
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:39 am

You're welcome Daniele. :wink:

Why not send your enhancement request to Poco Support, so they can add it to their list?
Whether or not it will be added is up to PSI.

Have a great day too. :wink:
Eric

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:28 am

Very well noted. Thanks guys.
Jim

Return to Barca Help and How-To