[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Small template query

Small template query

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Small template query

Postby meandrake » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 pm

When I hit Reply to any mail after highlighting (selecting) part of text, when not using templates, the reply message comes up showing only the selected text as quoted text.

When I use templates to reply, what tag must I use because using %qbody% puts the entire text of the original message in reply.

I love selecting text and hitting Ctrl-R but would like it to work in templates as well. Anything I am missing?
meandrake
Poco Tourist

Re: Small template query

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:26 am

meandrake wrote:When I use templates to reply, what tag must I use because using %qbody% puts the entire text of the original message in reply.
There's no tag to insert selected text.
Instead you can use the Quote Bar, but deselect 'Quote text when replying' found under Tools > Options > Quoting Text. :)

This way selected text will be present when replying.
If you're using a template, you don't have to use %qbody% and you can insert the text of your choice. 8)

If you need to quote the entire message, use the Autotext.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby meandrake » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 am

OK cool. Got it thanks. Good to know scope and limitations on everything :)
meandrake
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:57 am

You're welcome meandrake. :wink:
Always good to know what you can and what you can't do.
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To