[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Planner bug? [Mod: Resolved]

Planner bug? [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Planner bug? [Mod: Resolved]

Postby Paul Brasington » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Here's a strange one. I can create events on the planner but I can't delete them - or at least, I do delete them but when I restart the program they are back again.

I'm using Vista and I think that might be the problem. I picked up somewhere that Vista doesn't like programs writing data to the Program File directory on your C drive - so although Barca installs there as normal, you have to dig around in the hidden files under users - (user name) - local - app data - virtual store - program files if you want to find where your data is actually going.

If I do that and dig up the Planner configuration file I can delete the events manually there and hey presto they are gone. But Barca doesn't seem to want to do this on its own.
PaulB
Paul Brasington
Poco Tourist

Re: Planner bug?

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi Paul,
Paul Brasington wrote:Here's a strange one. I can create events on the planner but I can't delete them - or at least, I do delete them but when I restart the program they are back again.
When you upgraded to version 2.5 didn't Barca migrate your data :?:
I'm using Vista and I think that might be the problem. I picked up somewhere that Vista doesn't like programs writing data to the Program File directory on your C drive - so although Barca installs there as normal, you have to dig around in the hidden files under users - (user name) - local - app data - virtual store - program files if you want to find where your data is actually going.
That's correct, no writing is allowed to the Program Files directory when UAC is enabled.
That's why your data is migrated to users/username/roaming/appdata/Barca.

If that calendar file is present in Program Files, then all changes will be undone upon restart. :?
If I do that and dig up the Planner configuration file I can delete the events manually there and hey presto they are gone. But Barca doesn't seem to want to do this on its own.
:!: Could you tell me where this configuration file is located on your Vista?
It should be under Users/..., not Program Files.

If it's located under Users/..., then perhaps it got corrupted.
Running Barca Pro on Vista here and I haven't encountered that problem yet. :?
Eric

Postby Paul Brasington » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 pm

I had a new machine with Vista pre-installed. I had my old Barca data on a backup partition which I copied across and then told Barca to import that and I suppose that might have caused some confusion.

There is a calendar folder in the Program Files/Barca2 directory, but the planner.ini file is in the Users/... directory. However, back in the old Program files installation was a planner.~ini file. I've deleted that and it now seems to have fixed the problem - so thanks for the steer Eric!

Vista hmm ... it's taking some getting used to ...
PaulB
Paul Brasington
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:48 pm

Paul Brasington wrote:Vista hmm ... it's taking some getting used to ...
Good to know it's fixed by deleting that ini-file.
Vista does take some time to get used to it, but once you know it's not that difficult. :)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To