[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca slow deleting mail & starting up [Mod: Resolved]

Barca slow deleting mail & starting up [Mod: Resolved]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca slow deleting mail & starting up [Mod: Resolved]

Postby chae » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Yah,

Running the latest version of Barca, WinXP Pro, 1Gb Ram, Pentium 4 3.2Ghz

Over the last few days I've noticed that Barca was taking ages to delete any emails & was also taking forever and a day to start. This afternoon it decided it wasn't going to play the game & not start at all. I watched the Task Manager & seen Barca has started & that the Memory used was getting higher and higher but eventually it wouldn't start & show as Barca not responding.

What I then decided to do was remane the Barca folder & reinstall, I then restored the last good backup to the newly installed version but no joy still decided to crash.

What I then did was remove the newly installed version & resinstall again, software started as expected. I then copied across each folder from old working version to the newly installed folders, it was then I noticed a file called:-

NewMail.pocosys.lbd

This was over 250Mb in size. I deleted that file & continued to copy across the rest of the files. Started Barca & voila no problem, quick start up & even files in the Inbox delete as expected.

Why would this file be causing so many issues? Why does it get so big? Doesn't this get compressed when compressing folders ? Is there anyway of automatically keeping this down to a pre-set size ? If it is the file causing issues !!

Regards

Chae
chae
Frequent Visitor

Re: Barca slow deleting mail & starting up

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi Chae,
chae wrote:What I then did was remove the newly installed version & resinstall again, software started as expected. I then copied across each folder from old working version to the newly installed folders, it was then I noticed a file called:-

NewMail.pocosys.lbd

This was over 250Mb in size. I deleted that file & continued to copy across the rest of the files. Started Barca & voila no problem, quick start up & even files in the Inbox delete as expected.

Why would this file be causing so many issues? Why does it get so big? Doesn't this get compressed when compressing folders ? Is there anyway of automatically keeping this down to a pre-set size ? If it is the file causing issues !!
Are you using by any chance the Special folders with New Mail?

:!: It should be NewMail.pocosys.IDB, that means it's the index file. Perhaps it got corrupted :?:
This folder New Mail only stores the messages you received in the last 48 hours and afterwards it's cleaned. It displays the messages (links) you received within that interval.

I however don't use this special folder. My file is about 7 kb and can be found under Mail/System.pocosys.

I'm sure your findings will help others experiencing the same problems.

Thanks. :wink:
Eric

Postby chae » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:34 am

I have one mail account that as soon as the mail arrives it goes into a folder so that I can read later. The mail that comes in comes from a yahoo group which usually has attachments.
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 am

chae wrote:I have one mail account that as soon as the mail arrives it goes into a folder so that I can read later. The mail that comes in comes from a yahoo group which usually has attachments.
Did you however use the New Mail folder in the past?
I don't see another explanation why you experienced those problems. :?
Eric

Postby chae » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:35 am

Been using that email folder for over a year now.
chae
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:04 pm

chae wrote:Been using that email folder for over a year now.
There you got the reason why it happened.
A corrupt IDX-file. :?
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To